Gaff's NAMM show report

So I decided to look up the product page. They are $450. I love this line from their sales pitch "In the age of distraction, EP 01 lets you focus like never before. Multiple sensory inputs mean you're more in the moment."
@gafftaper Is it safe to assume they're battery powered and blue tooth enabled, I noticed neither solar cells nor 15 amp twist connectors, no extension cords / need to race from duplex receptacle to duplex while you're walking. Are they felt by only the wearer or can others nearby hear the subs as well; I guess cardioid performance suffers while you're in transit but may be somewhat satisfactory if you're standing stationary on one foot?
I realize their site invited queries but. . . @TimMc Any comments on their potential cardioid performance?
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

@TimMc Any comments on their potential cardioid performance?
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

It would require a 3rd shoe. My suggestion of where it should be placed, relative to the nature of the concept and price, would probably trip the Word Nanny here at CB... :naughty:

Last edited:
@gafftaper Is it safe to assume they're battery powered and blue tooth enabled, I noticed neither solar cells nor 15 amp twist connectors, no extension cords / need to race from duplex receptacle to duplex while you're walking. Are they felt by only the wearer or can others nearby hear the subs as well; I guess cardioid performance suffers while you're in transit but may be somewhat satisfactory if you're standing stationary on one foot?
I realize their site invited queries but. . . @TimMc Any comments on their potential cardioid performance?
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Yes... and they have a 3.55mm input jack as well. Seriously they do!
Untitled.jpg

Yes... and they have a 3.55mm input jack as well. Seriously they do!
View attachment 19195
Think of it! Standing with your feet together for acoustic coupling, apart for a "power alley", in a corner to effectively increase "Horn size".
Horn size? That begs the query: Would adding shoe horns improve their coupling?? Where's @TimMc when we need his unique perspective???
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Hey, you can't go to EDC this year. You have other plans.
What are you doing in May?

Shouldn't they have some sort of means of recharging while walking? Some sort of inductive system.

I think that after walking around too long and you are getting sore feet, it should have an embedded track of dogs barking.

What, no report on the Behringer Wing?
It seems that Uli doesn't do NAMM anymore. From reports elsewhere there was a wing at the On-Stage booth, not doing anything mostly just setting there. They also had an HD96, but it was a non functioning prototype.

It seems that Uli doesn't do NAMM anymore. From reports elsewhere there was a wing at the On-Stage booth, not doing anything mostly just setting there. They also had an HD96, but it was a non functioning prototype.
Yeah I don't think I've seen a Behringer booth in the last three years that I've been going to NAMM. I didn't notice the wing in the On-Stage booth but it may have been there, I didn't spend a lot of time in their booth.

So today we checked in with our friends at Gig Gear... Need some gloves? They are the best!

And Steven from Entertainment Fabrication. He's got some really creative products. His boom bases are the best. He's got these brackets to install wheels on a wood platform that I just have to order. And some clever ideas for putting legs on platforms.
I think it would be great if they made a periaktoi model. Instead of going across a 90 degree angle, they would go across a 60 degree angle. They should really strengthen the base platform.

Oh, and for those playing along at home,

I think it would be great if they made a periaktoi model. Instead of going across a 90 degree angle, they would go across a 60 degree angle. They should really strengthen the base platform.
I've passed it along. It's a small company and the owner is great. If he thinks there's a market for it, there's a chance he will do it.

Last edited:
I saw something like this when researching front fill solutions for a "dead zone" in the first 5 rows. Didn't get it but pretty nifty!
Yeah it would be pretty sweet along the front of a curved stage, under a balcony, along a curved wall... many unique location possibilities.

I saw something like this when researching front fill solutions for a "dead zone" in the first 5 rows. Didn't get it but pretty nifty!
Hmmm. . . 5 feet by 3". . . Why are brown notes and endoscopies leaping to mind? Drummers' throne shakers are one more possibility.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back