Gafftaper's Show Report

Any good widgets these days?

So, locations are set for the next 3 years.

2023: St. Louis
2024: Seattle @gafftaper is already planning things.
2025: Columbus, OH

'So, locations are set for the next 3 years.

2023: St. Louis
2024: Seattle @gafftaper is already planning things.
2025: Columbus, OH
2024. What if...and stick with me here...what if I went to Gaff's city for once?

2024. What if...and stick with me here...what if I went to Gaff's city for once?
Come on up buddy, it's gonna be great! Although all the hotels in downtown are $250+ per night. I can't get past asking where are the students supposed to be able to afford a hotel room.

So, my final thoughts on USITT 2022:

Everyone agreed it was a fantastic experience. USITT is always so much fun because of the energy that the students bring to the show. There is so much optimism and excitement about being there. I spoke with multiple vendors who said they were impressed with the engagement by the students this year. In past years they often feel like the students are going through the motions just to get some unique swag from the show floor. Multiple people told me that students were coming up to them and asking questions about what products they sell, how they work, and really there to learn from the trade show. That's REALLY cool and a good sign for the future of the industry.

In the past, USITT has been the show that often has new widgets from small businesses. I've purchased 3D printed clips to hole your arbor spreader plates up, electronic fake cigarettes that smoke, it's where I saw https://www.wirelessmicbelts.com/ for the first time (I LOVE their gear), and I think where we first met Gig Gear selling their gloves. Gig Gear was there this year, but that was about it for the small business widget makers. Which I guess is less about USITT and more a concern about the health of our industry and recovery from the shut down. Hopefully that will return in the future.

USITT remains a favorite show, because of the overall vibe. I learned a lot and it was so great to spend time with friends again. If you are considering show, I think USITT is the place to start, especially if you are a high school student trying to pick a college, a college student considering grad school, a recent grad trying to start your career, or early in your career looking for the next step. There are so many opportunities to network and learn more about educational and career options. I saw many job interviews happening right there on the floor of the show.

Can't wait to welcome you all to USITT 2024 in my home city of Seattle! But I'll be okay with grabbing some St. Louis Ribs next year in the meantime.

Luke and I designed the next ERS booth on the drive home yesterday. More user experience……now I just need to fund it.

One more late thought, if you haven't done it go check out the fun products from Ninja https://ninjasgo.com/
Shirts, stickers, pins, patches, coffee cups, lots of fun things.

I hope I can go next year, I might have one or two swag shirts left from that last time I went in...2014...but otherwise I need a re-up.

Here are the results of @egilson1 breaking stuff in the ERS booth. There's a domestic shackle and a Home Depot shackle both stamped rated at 1,000 lbs working load limit. When will they break?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Wow!!!
I’d expect a 7:1 safety ratio… going beyond 8:1… and that the domestic shackle failed 1st…. Wow.

Wow!!!
I’d expect a 7:1 safety ratio… going beyond 8:1… and that the domestic shackle failed 1st…. Wow.
Yes and after the domestic failed @egilson1 reset with a new Chinese shackle which went on to break above 10:1... So i actually saw two Chinese shackles exceeded the strength of the one domestic shackle .

Ethan how many Chinese vs Domestic Shackles did you break? Were the 8:1 and 10: 1 results consistent?

Come on up buddy, it's gonna be great! Although all the hotels in downtown are $250+ per night. I can't get past asking where are the students supposed to be able to afford a hotel room.
Hotel rates have not been set yet. USITT will know more by St. Louis conference.

I hope I can go next year, I might have one or two swag shirts left from that last time I went in...2014...but otherwise I need a re-up.
I was also hoping to restock but the shirt game was thin this year. Perhaps it'll be back up to snuff next year. Good luck! I did score a sweet hoodie from Altman tho....

Hotel rates have not been set yet. USITT will know more by St. Louis conference.
Thanks for joining our discussion @litecue ! It's great having you here! I'm really excited to have USITT coming to my hometown... but yes I'm also excited to get some ribs next spring in St. Louis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back