GALA Spiralifts?

RonHebbard

Premium Member
Departed Member
@BillConnerFASTC Have you been keeping up to date with GALA Spiralift's linear actuator models, the series with perforations in their vertical stainless steel bands? They've always been a unique niche product but their linear actuator series, which require zero lateral stabilization, I'm finding particularly impressive. I gather these comparatively newer models operate much quieter as well. Possibly I've been in my cave too long.
EDIT: Link to demo's added.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Last edited:
Have one going in now (a year or so) . Upside down because it's in an area that could flood. Not sure they are quieter.

Have one going in now (a year or so) . Upside down because it's in an area that could flood. Not sure they are quieter.
@BillConnerFASTC An interesting idea to install them inverted; with both primary components of their supporting columns now manufactured from stainless steel I suspect they should laugh at water. Also interesting they're invented and finessed in Quebec where floods are presently the order of the day. @Quillons , you're on your way to a degree in Mechanical Engineering, I suspect you'd find the GALA Spiralift's linear actuator's construction interesting and innovative.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

@BillConnerFASTC A usually reliable source tells me GALA's current tooth-locked design was developed in response to stricter seismic requirements, initially for the state of Nevada. I've also heard GALA was interested in entering the automotive market and sought SAE approval. SAE required one million reliable cycles; during testing three units failed at approximately 980,000.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Reactions: Van

Users who are viewing this thread

Back