Gauging iPhone App Interest

Interested in iPhone CB app? (must have iPhone/iTouch to participate)

• Yes, I'm interested

Votes: 36 80.0%
  • No, not interested

Votes: 9 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dvsDave

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Senior Team
CB Mods
Fight Leukemia
We want to gauge the interest of the ControlBooth Community for having an iPhone app to interact with CB.

Please vote in the poll to let me know if you would be interested in a $2.99 app. (obviously you must have an iPhone/iTouch to buy the app)

Screenshots of app (as built for another community)

Navigate inside a forum
|
View responses to your posts/threads
proxy.php
|
proxy.php
View Forum Photos the iPhone Way
|
Create Topics & Reply to Posts
proxy.php
|
proxy.php

I would get this, no second thoughts (unless of course it sucked ;) )

When I get an iPhone in the fall I'd get it.

Sincce the annoncement of the new iPhone 3GS the price of the current iPhone is set to drop to US $99 for the 8 gig version. And the iPhone 3GS is set to be around $200 US. I just a few weeks ago purchesed a 16 gig iPod Toch, for about $300 US (Aussie $419) and now I find that soon I will be able to buy a iPhone for half the price I paid for my iPod a few weeks earlier.
God it annyed me.
I will definatley get the App once it comes out just make sure its not only avialable in the US.
CB on iPhone will be great.
Nick

Slight hijack -

Sincce the annoncement of the new iPhone 3GS the price of the current iPhone is set to drop to US $99 for the 8 gig version. And the iPhone 3GS is set to be around $200 US. I just a few weeks ago purchesed a 16 gig iPod Toch, for about $300 US (Aussie $419) and now I find that soon I will be able to buy a iPhone for half the price I paid for my iPod a few weeks earlier.

Yes but remember, you aren't buying an iPhone for $200. You're paying $200 up front for the opportunity to pay $100+ per month for service. I personally wouldn't trade my iPod Touch for an iPhone right now. I get WiFi almost everywhere I need it and use my cheapo cell phone just as a phone.

And I would love a CB iPhone/Touch app!

Just a note about upgrading to the 3Gs for those in the US

Unless you are eligible for an upgrade (those with contracts older than 18 months+), you're prices will skyrocket. You'll end up paying I believe 400-700 US

And will it give me the little number above the icon or will I have to open up the app? Will it be available worldwide?
Nick

Make it 5$ and donate some to CB or a theater fund. It also allows a nice round figure.

But Dave, Isn't Vb about to release their app?

vB isn't working on an iPhone app to my knowledge. Unfortunately I can't do the the donating thing Huzy, Apple doesn't allow it. (see the ETC iPhone app saga for proof)

Apple not letting you do somting? Never! God I hate them, why must the have such cool products?

Last edited:
To be honest Dave the more I look at this the less it seems useful. No offense, but after pulling up the current CB on my iPod (That you can do by changing the theme at the bottom to iPhone) I really see no major differences other than it takes advantage of the touch feature more. What would be really awesome would be if you could get the site to just go to the normal CB on iPhone, rather than the limiting iPhone mode. Then there would be no need for you to spend an arm and a leg on getting the App developed. The only feature the App seems to have that current iPhone CB doesnt have is the ability to look through uploaded photos like a photo album & show the avatars. The more I think about it the less point I see in doing it. How hard would it be to just take away the re-direct function when you connect on an iPhone?
Just my 5c
Nick

CB on the iPhone as is isn't that difficult to navigate, but I didn't try posting replies or checking the glossary while I was demoing the one in the AT&T store (my 3G S is still shipping to the store yet).

A question I do have though, is if you change the website at all, and I know you always have ideas you're crunching around in your head, I would be curious how much that would affect the app and if a domino effect of problems would be created. Maybe this would work well after the next huge update to the website, unless the website looks really stable right now and doesn't need new features.

Another issue is how much people are willing to pay. If there's some, but not much added utility in having an app versus going to the WWW address, I'd be willing to pay maybe a couple dollars, because that's pocket-change to me and CB is a website I check often, but if only minor value is in added to the app, and we don't have a large enough footprint of people who would purchase it, then the pricing may not be worthwhile for us in the long -run.

For the functionality of having a dedicated app, and let's go extra special and say it plays nicely with our collaborative articles and glossary, maybe even makes it 10x easier to find those articles and modify them, then how much of a price tag are we looking on a per-user basis? That, or is this a cookie-cutter job for the dev and will be easy, quick, and not-as-expensive?

Im on iPhone now. It currently sucks.
Nick

Last edited:
Is Tapatalk by Quoord Systems the correct app?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back