Gauging iPhone App Interest

Interested in iPhone CB app? (must have iPhone/iTouch to participate)

• Yes, I'm interested

Votes: 36 80.0%
  • No, not interested

Votes: 9 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Testing. Seems to work fine on my 3G S except it doesn't have a means of connecting to the wiki or collaboratives. I can verify that it is Tapatalk by Quoord Systems. Also, it leaves this sig at the bottom by default. I'll do more regular posting from here to test it more thoroughly.

I do not have any formatting options though, and it would be nice if I could directly upload photos from my iPhone to this post like Tweetdeck interfaces with Twitpic. When posting a tweet you can either choose a photo you've already taken or take a photo directly which will upload to Twitpic and add the link to your tweet. When working in a theatre it would be awesome to seamlessly post photos directly to threads, especially for questions regarding equipment or a setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, I'm unable to find a way to edit posts and I can view subscriped topics but see no way to subscribe to topics without using the website. The streamlined access to threads is nice though and load times are almost instant.

Sorry for the splurge of posts by me. Without editing that will happen though. While I was thinking about it, also gone is the ability to do quotes on other posts so I plan to start using @username when I'm responding to someone specifically.

it's only the first version. There are updates already being submitted to apple. They just haven't been approved yet.

The refresh appears to be strange. If I make a post, even after exiting and reentering the app the thread does not appear to move to the top of the list.

Dave, do you know how often it refreshes or what triggers it to?

Not available in Aus.... Awwwwwwwwwwwww

next version will be worldwide

YEY! I can't find it on the search, so forgive the stupid question, are you simply getting everyone to buy Tapitalk or is is a special Tapitalk for CB?
Nick

well, it's very, very, very expensive to buy a branded version of tapatalk that would be just for CB. If we see a certain % of adoption and if tapatalk's devs update the app to where we want it, then we will go with a CB branded version.

But if the Tapatalk developers were to do this we would all need to re-purchase what is primarily the same app but with the Controlbooth logo? Or is there a version of Tapitalk on the App store dedicated to CB but really just the normal version of Tapitalk?
Nick

it's would be tapatalk, you just wouldn't have to select CB as the site to access when you open the app.

If we had our own version, there would definitely be features I would like to see though that aren't there already. The app is nice and everything, but it has a ways to go before it's awesome.

what would you like to see in order to justify the app?

Possible features:

Ability to perform basic formatting (bold, italics, underline, numbered and bulleted lists)

Better automatic and/or manual refresh of forums and thread order based on most recent reply

Ability to take a photo or upload one directly from iPhone, possibly via a remote service like TwitPic and then place link in post.

Ability to edit posts

Access to view, edit, and post to blogs, collaborative articles, and wiki

Given the nature of posting from a phone, the ability to save posts as a draft.

Ability to quote posts by other people. Also, it would be nice to be able to view recent posts within a thread while responding to it.

They aren't so much justifications, but if I was looking for the ultimate Controlbooth app, I think it would include those features. However, more features is often synonymous with more clutter.

I don't suppose there's a way to look at the Offtopic forum within the app?

I don't suppose there's a way to look at the Offtopic forum within the app?

The off topic and punching bag are the last two in the CB Discussions list, atleast for me.

One feature that I really want is when you go to a thread it goes to your last unread post.

They're not showing up for me, but I only recently upgrade my account. I'll try logging in again.

Pause

Pause

Pause

Hey, it worked. Sweetness.

Version 1.2 of the app is currently pending at the App Store. New features include:

1) Full Private Message support
2) Quote reply
3) Faster load-time and improved session management
4) Full screen image viewing
5) Board Statistic
6) Who's online

And.. Push Notification is in full stream development!!

But still not available here, think of poor me, Chris15, Logos & Hughesie! Aussies want the app!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back