Gel and Color

I know it can be called either, depending on where you are. I was just wondering really what you guys called it.

I've never haerd it called a color. I've only heard it called a gel. I agree with gafftaper in that it just depends on where you live on what it's called.

- I refer to it as Gel

- We have a Gel room (2 actually)

- I place a Color order (for sheets)

- We "Drop or Load color"

- It's a Gel book

- The shop knows what I'm talking about when I ask if they got the Color order. (It's a lighting shop)

Yes, it's a dated term, like a lot of the English language, but it's also perfectly descriptive and seemingly everyone on this side of both ponds understands it, and I've been in the business way too long to change.

Perhaps in 15 or 20 years, when everything is ML's and LED's, it will fall out of use.

SB

Can we start spelling colour the proper way please? I hate the perversion of the English language that my fellow Americans have perpetrated.

Are you serious? I mean, not mockingly, I mean, genuinely, are you serious?

Occasionally
Which makes more phonetic sense?
licence
or
license

Cool ! and while we're at it let's start pronouncing it shed-yule instead of Schedule, I always like that too!

Cool ! and while we're at it let's start pronouncing it shed-yule instead of Schedule, I always like that too!
Sorry for the hijack--Christopher Walken says "shed-yoole" all the time in the Bond film A View to a Kill. It's hilarious :p

Agreeing with avkid here... Color is not a word. Colour is. And as for licence / license, License is the verb and licence the noun. And if you lot don't like it, you can blame it on being an Aussie...:twisted::mrgreen:

So now to really hijack this thread (kinda)....
After you finish a long day in the theatre (or theater?) and you want to get a Dr. Pepper do you invite your buddy to go out and 'have a coke', 'have a pop', 'have a soda', 'have a soft drink' or what? :lol:
(I'm betting half of you here are not of the beer drinking age, so I won't go there.)

Hahaha...I say "wanna go get somethin' to drink?"

I don't drink alcoholic beverages, and all of my friends know this, so that's an automatic milk, soda, or juice. I never know which until I show up at the drink cooler in the store.

(I'm betting half of you here are not of the beer drinking age, so I won't go there.)

And by that you mean 18 don't you... Which I am. Oh, you lot make it 21 don't you... And it generally would be do you want to go for a drink or words to that effect. (Can mean either a drink or a DRINK if you know what I mean...)

A buddy from Texas would say, "You wanna e redpop Coke, or a rootbeer Coke?"

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back