Gel Color For RGB

tbeck

Hey, i was just wondering what gel color you guys used for your cyc lights.

Either in Rosco or Gam.

R?
G?
B?

Also would you reccomend doubleing up on the gels or not?

trevor :twisted:

for our red we use Rosco 27 and for our blue we use Lee 120 HT.

for doubling up on gels it depends. Normally we don't do that, but there have been times I've done that where we didn't have a certain gel color we wanted but I found that by mixing two that we had it came out rather close. I'm not sure how much it would effect it but you should look into how much that will darken your light. As another result if you use two of the same gel colors it should darken the light a bit and most likely make the color appear darker as well. I know for a dance of ours I used two dark purples instead of one becuase for w/e reason they were coming out very much as white light.

I'd say some of the best things you could do for a question like this is to simply take one of your lights, move it to where you can change the gel w/o any worriest, and just play around. Try mixing a blue and pink or a blue and red and see what kind of light you get and if you like it. Also experiment with your specific instruments and see what effect doubling up on gel has.

~Nick

while were on color...im looking for CYM colors. im hoping to get 4or5 sheets of each. what number of rosco is good for this(could be lee or anything but i like rosco). im also going to try to get a small roll of primary blue and maybe a few sheets of a nice light but not too light purple. what are your suggestions?

Hey

If you check out the rosco website, they have a whole ton of pages online that let you preview the colors and all. If you go in there and just do find, and seach the word yellow, you can get all there colors for them. Some with the others.

~Nick

We use glass roundels in our par-38 striplights that light our cyc.

They're really rich red, blue, and green. They look really good on the white backdrop (it's not really a cyc). Go glass filters!!

ive looked and found cym colors in lee but im asking for what most people use for them. like what looks good together. i know i want magenta for sure and a blue and a few others.

well since i didnt get a relply in time, which is no proble, i just called up our local supply store and got what they reccomended.

Medium red rosco(i believe) 27, primary blue rosco 80, and primary green rosco 91

maybe next time go for lee, they have the ht(high temp). they make a difference in 1kw broad cycs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back