Gel File Folder Labeling Software?

Does anyone know of an existing file folder labeling software to label gel file folders? Don't want to use P-Touch, too much wasted tape. There must be some software that can be customized or something specific to the entertainment world?

You can do this more efficiently with a P-Touch by running a bunch of folder labels in one row, printing, and using a scissors to split between them. Spares a lot of the excess tape on both ends than if you run them one at a time. Probably fastest to do this with the P-Touch software and the printer hooked up to a PC.

Otherwise, go pick up some laser-grade adhesive-backed mailing labels, print a bunch of labels in one fell swoop out of Word or Excel, and chop the sheets into pieces on your chop board for your gels.

If your just labeling folders you can get avery label stickers for file folders that will go in a normal printer. Your favorite office software should be able to generate a table for whatever labels you get so that everything lines up.

As the others stated; Most publishing software has templates pre-installed for many 'stock' label paper layouts. if your copy of Word, or whatever you are using, doesn't you can typically go to Avery's website and download the page setup file.

How about cutting up a swatchbook, and attaching the swatch of color media as well as the paper label?
That's what I do. I use hanging files, with clear plastic tabs. The gel number gets written on the white, cardboard label, and a little piece of gel goes over it in the tab. That way, it's easy to see the color and the number. Since I have a fairly small selection of gels, the whole thing fits in a plastic file tote which can be carried to where it's needed.

I'm with SteveB. a sharpy. hanging files to hold two or three folders. I keep the 10x10 cuts in with the rest so plastic tabs tend to get in the way.
My color cuting manifesto insists that the original color stamp be kept on a full cut so i can often find a cut with the stamp if the need to confirm numbers arises. (all cuts are numbered)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back