Gel Holder Question...plus...

I have about a half dozen or so of the hinged frames. Mainly on 56's and Fresnels. I think you would be hard pressed to find them these days. As Chris alluded to, they are more labour intensive to make, thus more expensive.

I will agree with Footer and Bill, and not just because I work at Apollo. :)

The Smart Color scroller family has been designed, marketed, and sold to offer 16 frames of color into school and community theatres, churches, and for event producers.
The 'smarts' within the scroller allow them to be used as a constant color-changing fixture, without the need for a lighting console. This is often handy when used as truss warmers at tradeshows and general color washes when no DMX desk will be present.
The Smart Color is extremely quiet due to the fact that each scroller has two motors working together for tensioning, rather than a coiled spring kept under tension- creating noise.

All in all, these scrollers have had a fantastic reception within the market.

If you would like to get a Smart Color demo for your school, a local authorized Apollo dealer can send one to you. Use it for a few weeks and decide if it's everything you would like it to be. No risk-

Last edited:
We dont use color scrollers at our school. Were big on more scoop lighting with pars and such lining the EPs and lots of em for colors. But, when we do use scrollers in a way is we recently got 3 used intels...man are those things beatuiful...

1. The brass thinks are what I use.
2. No, it's not needed.
3. We don't use color scrollers at my school. It's all up to your financial state.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back