Getting Interested in MiDi ArtNet and OSC

Anyone got a good system for running a basic show over ArtNet Control? I'm having no luck with HogPC as I don't want to buy a DP8000 juuuust as an artnet node. Also anyone know of a cheaper ArtNet node than the Enttec ODE? It's $275 and that's the cheapest I've been able to find anywhere. I'm currently looking at sending out either DMX over ArtNet ooooooor sending OSC out which would negate the need for an ArtNet node and I would just need an Open Source DMX widget and a simple control program on the PC that the widget was connected to...

Any thoughts?

Have you seen douglasheriot's DMX Assistant ?
For anyone who works with Art-Net, Artistic Licence's DMX-Workshop is a must.
The Enttec ODE is the least expensive node available, AFAIK.

I have seen DMX assistant but until everyone decides to stop being proprietary douchebags with all the good control software and put it out on the droid market as well I'm SOL on it. I've got a copy of OSCPad on my nexus. Anyone come across open source builds for nodes? Anybody done anything with Arudino yet?

Anyone come across open source builds for nodes? Anybody done anything with Arudino yet?

There are some more libraries for Arudino, but these are the only ones off the top of my head.
ArtNet arduino set v2 | vvvv
Arduino playground - DMX
OpenDMX.net Has alot of info for DMX projects.

And for just nodes
Libartnet - OpenDMX.net
Projects - DMX over IP - ArtNetNode
http://www.opendmx.net/index.php/OLA

If you do a bit of googling you will find a lot of artnet projects and libraries.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back