Ghost The Musical

LeatGnz

Hello everyone, I am currently the director for our upcoming fall show "Ghost the Musical," and have obtained the scripts for both the large cast and small cast version. I understand that there are special effects for both scripts but there is nothing in the scripts that explain what the special effects are. I have not been able to see the full length show on youtube that show the special effects either, just small snippets from a couple of scenes. From what few effects I have been able to see they are as listed: 1. The character Sam Wheat walking thru a door
2. Sam Wheats hand passing thru a coke
3. Bags & Papers flying thru the air
4. People levitating in the subway
5. A phone handle levitating in the air then back on the receiver
If you know any other effect that was done please let me know. We are a small community theatre on the pacific northwest so we don't have an extravagant budget but any suggestions are truly appreciated... Thank you Leatha

LeatGnz, A moment ago

Sounds like fun! In my experience doing little tricks on stage, it's less about the effect, and more about the actor's reactions to it. For instance, the actor passing his had thru a Coke (I'm assuming it's a glass or can on a table), could be as simple as the actor reaching just upstage of the prop, but his reaction of disbelief to what he's just done sells it.

Have a blast, and let us know how you did it and how it turns out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back