Giant arches

You're kidding right? I've mentioned before the show that ripped out 10 racks of ETC Sensor dimmers to put in Strand. Every corporate/awards show I do fills 3 or 4 30?-40? yard dumpsters. We implode entire buildings when they reach 25 years of age.
Where do all the sets of failed/closed Broadway shows end up? New Jersey landfill? My college survived for years on the drapery package from On a Clear Day... Silly to have 31' tall legs in a house with a 19'-11" proscenium? Not really. Add a 10' tall border and you have a 21' portal.
Back to the question; the waste that goes on in Vegas is sickening. But we have domestic trash pickup twice a week and voluntary recycling every 14 days.

I assumed as much, just wondered how bad it is. Saw a show about how they gut and refurbish the hotel rooms about every three years. I'm thinking about coming down there and buying some of that used hotel furniture and driving it home in a U-haul.

...I'm thinking about coming down there and buying some of that used hotel furniture and driving it home in a U-haul.
Eeeewwww! Don't you know what happens in hotel rooms in Vegas?

Yeah it's a great point, most of us have to reuse everything. It's all about modular construction and how you can use things over and over. I doubt many (if any of us here in C.B.) are in the theaters with the cash flow to break out the Sawzall and dump the set.

We save any hardware that we can, any 2*4s, stock platforms and step units but all the flats end up in the dumpster. No room to save them, the scenic designer wouldn't think of drawing the same flat over, and most importantly being a college program what is there to learn by pulling stuff from stock?

We might be able to squeak by with slightly larger sets or an extra light or two a year if we were to change our ways slightly but I don't foresee that happening.

Eeeewwww! Don't you know what happens in hotel rooms in Vegas?
Yeah, but I thought what happened in Vegas stayed in Vegas. 'Least that's what all the ommercials say.;)

Yeah, but I thought what happened in Vegas stayed in Vegas. 'Least that's what all the commercials say.;)
"What happens in Vegas" can live on a surface for many days exposed to the atmosphere. Where was that post about health class? Anyone hear about a species of "critter" becoming extinct? Thank goodness, I'm tired of itching!:oops: Best to take this non-pubic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back