Go refresh your counterweight rigging brain with Egilson1's latest Podcast!

gafftaper

Senior Team
Senior Team
Fight Leukemia
I want to plug @egilson1 's podcast "Shackles Burlap and Lies" episode 32. This episode is a joint effort with the ESA and also appears as "Event Safety Podcast Episode 33" . You can find it on your favorite podcast app or through these links above.

It's been a year since you ran your counterweight rigging system. What should you check before you start using it again? What should you personally check before YOU start operating again? Before you go endangering yourself and others, take some time and think about good counterweight maintenance and operating procedures. This hour was time very well spent!

Pro Tip: "Listen to this podcast and answer these questions" would make a great assignment for anyone teaching tech remotely right now.

Great Job Ethan!

I loved this episode, because it's a great reminder that almost all of us are not at the level of where we were a year ago. We all need to do a couple things:
Slow down, rehearse, inspect. Treat it all like you're a beginner again. (A friend is on a gig in the UK right now and couldn't figure out why none of his lights were working. Turns out he was in blind mode.)

If you haven't been in the gym, get in the gym; now is the time. Feeder cable is still heavy and it's out there....waiting....

I figure I'll be "invited" to revisit some flying and stunt stuff for a couple of shows later this year. I'm figuring it will be a minimum 18 month break from putting people in the air. I have never been more nervous in my life.

I loved this episode, because it's a great reminder that almost all of us are not at the level of where we were a year ago. We all need to do a couple things:
Slow down, rehearse, inspect. Treat it all like you're a beginner again. (A friend is on a gig in the UK right now and couldn't figure out why none of his lights were working. Turns out he was in blind mode.)

If you haven't been in the gym, get in the gym; now is the time. Feeder cable is still heavy and it's out there....waiting....

I figure I'll be "invited" to revisit some flying and stunt stuff for a couple of shows later this year. I'm figuring it will be a minimum 18 month break from putting people in the air. I have never been more nervous in my life.

I'm glad that bad sound isn't fatal, at least by itself. We'd had a shop day and went through all the amplifiers and speakers in the "A" rig to verify operation, booted up the digital consoles...

So far the most likely thing to fail will be me.

I'm glad that bad sound isn't fatal, at least by itself. We'd had a shop day and went through all the amplifiers and speakers in the "A" rig to verify operation, booted up the digital consoles...

So far the most likely thing to fail will be me.
download.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back