GOBO fan switch

Cburg

We have a pair of Rosco iPro Gobo holders. As You know the fan must be on 100% of the time the lamp is lit. I am looking for a simply (and Cheap) switch that I can plug the fans into so that when the lamp comes on a relay turns the fan on. I know there are DMX switches out there but that feel like overkill and they are not cheap.
I am hoping some on has a DYI circuit that I can build in a small box to put up in the air with the fixture. I am thinking some sort of current senor that would detect when there is voltage to power the lamp.

I am being lazy I admit: I am sure I could work the circuit out myself but I do not want to reinvent the wheel if one of you experts have done this in the past.

Thanks in advance.

Cburg

I believe that if you read the guides carefully they say that running the fan from the dimmer running the incandescent lamp works fine. Indeed they make an adaptor to make this easy.

IE if the lamp is on at 10%, the fan does not need to be on at 100%, just 10%.

I believe that if you read the guides carefully they say that running the fan from the dimmer running the incandescent lamp works fine. Indeed they make an adaptor to make this easy.

IE if the lamp is on at 10%, the fan does not need to be on at 100%, just 10%.

I guess we missed the part about the fan speed. If you have a part number for the Rosco Adapter please let me know. I looked at their website but could not fine it.

I guess it would not be hard to splice in an Edison in to the fixture plug and then plug the fan's wall wart into that. I just wonder if the wall wart will work with lower voltage.

From the manual
Alternately, a convenient hybrid two-fer with one female parallel blade plug and one female stage pin connector is available to connect the ImagePro into the same circuit powering the luminaire. (part number 265 25500 0000 Available in North America only.) Connected in this way, the ImagePro does not require an additional circuit. Dimming the light will slow the fan speed (and reduce its noise). Since the heat gener- ated by the light at lower intensities is less, the reduced airflow from the fan does not diminish the life of the slide.

I am in a pin plug house. I simply take a twofer, put a pin to edison adapter on one outlet, plug the wall wart into the Edison and the fixture into the other.

Note. Do not use a 750 wat lamp in a S4 with this unit.

Last edited by a moderator:
John,
You bet me to it. I was just down loading the manual to reread it . Thanks for the reply. I guess I found my simply and cheap fix.

Thanks to Everyone
Thanks John,

Cburg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back