The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Gobo Holder

Discussion in 'Wiki' started by DaveySimps, Feb 3, 2009.

  1. DaveySimps

    DaveySimps CBMod CB Mods Premium Member

    Likes Received:
    Performing Arts Center Manager
    Macomb, MI
    Also called a "pattern holder" or "template holder" (and sometimes by the slang term "dipstick"), a metal frame with a handle designed to hold metal (or, in some fixtures, glass) discs (gobos) that are inserted into an ellipsoidal reflector spotlight. A gobo holder fits in a specially designed slot in the instrument located between the reflector (usually just after the shutters) and lens assembly. The most common gobo holder is (essentially) two metal rectangles with a round hole in the middle that sandwiches the gobo between the two pieces of metal to keep it in place.

    Available from most fixture manufacturers, and City Theatrical (pictured below), Apollo, and Rosco.

    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2009

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice