Gobo or....??

reggie98

Show has this logo which it wants projected (on wall) behind its performers. Would I be better off using a digital projector or just simplify their logo and cut a gobo? Maybe just a sylized VP?? VP-Logo.jpg

Projection is cheaper, but has its associates hassles like finding a bright enough projector and a good surface. You could do their logo on a custom glass gobo, then you would get the intricacies and color. It would be more expensive than steel, but you might be able to convince the client to buy it since they could keep it and reuse it for future events. Steel would be OK but less interesting, certainly cheaper than glass.

I reciently had a client who wanted a gobo with about that amount of detail, and rosco cut it for me in steel. It came out looking great. So I would talk to them and see. I'm sure apollo can cut it also. A custom metal gobo is around 90 for the first cut and around 6 for each additional cut.

Doing projection would be cheaper, but you also have to keep in mind the brightness of a projector. A S4 with a gobo will out shine a 4k projector.

Show has this logo which it wants projected (on wall) behind its performers. Would I be better off using a digital projector or just simplify their logo and cut a gobo? Maybe just a sylized VP?? View attachment 1730

Another option would be to use 2x ellipsoidals and do two steel gobos, one with the golden text gelled to that color with the other gobo of only the text below. This second gobo would be projected as white light as dark blue washes out terribly when projected on a black field.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back