Going insane trying to remove dimmer values from Chamsys soft color palettes.

Dragonfire

Using Chamsys MagicQ, I built a great big stage with lots of fixtures and built everything in viz before I started really programming. Once I started putting my executor pages together, it became obvious that there was a big problem.

Turns out, the fixture profiles for all of my beams had dimmer values included in the color ranges, which means that when Chamsys built the color palettes it also turns the beams on to full brightness whenever a color is selected.
So first I went and edited the fixture profile to only have color values. Then I tried editing the soft palettes with "Include", deleted the dimmer values in the programmer, and hitt "Update". But for some reason it just reverts to having dimmer values in the palettes as if I never even edited it. What could be preventing it from saving the changes?

Is my showfile screwed from the ground up? I REALLY don't want to have to build everything all over again from scratch. It took me all day to build the stage and arrange the fixtures.

It should also be noted that morphing the fixtures into another type of beam did not fix the issue, nor did morphing them back into the corrected fixtures.

What are the make/mode/mode of the fixtures you've used here?
When you say 'all of my beams had dimmer values included in the color ranges' - are you talking using the default 10 col palettes we generate or have recorded some of your own? can remove attributes directly from any palette - if you go to the colour window, select a palette and then click 'view palette' will show you its content. You can use 'remove' to get rid of anything you don't want to be in the palette.

If you are able to share the show file, we'd be happy to take a look at it for you, see if we can fix it and send back to you.
Feel free to DM me direct, or send it to me at support 'at' chamsys.co.uk and send it for my attention.

Yes. And that's what I tried doing. But for some reason even after I edit out the dimmer values in the programmer it reverts back to having them as if I never did so. I made the fixture profile before I really knew the program well, and made a rookie mistake. I have since edited the dimmer values out of the fixture profile to make sure that doesn't happen again.

I will do that, thank you very much.

Does ChamSys have palette filters?

Just thinking as an MA guy here, but this might help. I can use preset (MA for palettes) filters to include certain attributes.
With Camsys, can you update your palettes with only the colour attribute selected in your filter, thereby removing dimmer information?

Have you tried adding a virtual dimmer to the fixtures? This has helped me when I have run into issues with the colors controlling intensity. In the patch window select all of your fixtures and hold shift on the top left of the window a add V dim soft button appears. Once I added the virtual dimmer it separated color from intensity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back