Golly! Vegas has been busy.

JohnD

Fight Leukemia

Amiers

Renting to Corporate One Fixture at a Time.
From what I have heard they are. Vidcon, Super Computing, and many more. Each day I get itchier and itchier to get back into my shop to start banging out shows.

Reactions: RonHebbard

derekleffew

Resident Curmudgeon
Senior Team
Premium Member

JohnD

Fight Leukemia
marsattacks.jpg
Oh yeah, LDI is in the Central Hall. One reason could be that the West Hall features huge amounts of daylight.

Last edited:

derekleffew

Resident Curmudgeon
Senior Team
Premium Member
If you have the MotorTrend channel, and even if you don't, the Barrett-Jackson Auto Auction will be televised from the West Hall of the LVCC this Thursday through June 19.
https://www.reviewjournal.com/enter...-classics-in-barrett-jackson-auction-2376552/

EDIT: It seems Motor Trend has reverted back to Velocity. The auction also appears on fyi, and the History Channel.

EDIT2}: Barrett-Jackson has broken up with DiscoveryNetworks and signed on with A+E, which includes fyi, and THC. Not that THC, the History Channel.

Last edited:

TimMc

Premium Member
Word is the Whirled Concrete event attendance was down 40%.

"Business conventions exist to prove how many employees a company can function without."

I think the future for many trade show/conventions is not positive. If one attends because there are new products or services to evaluate, or participate in continuing professional education, much of that can be done remotely without the expense of a LV trade show "booth". Yes, there are aspects of conventions and trade shows that lend themselves to in-person contact but there are more productive ways to accomplish those as well.

Right now it's carpe per diem and we should grab every bit of work we can. The pundits that Fortune 100 companies pay for prognostication are indicating a resurgence of Covid-19 in October. I hope they're wrong.

Reactions: sk8rsdad

ruinexplorer

Sherpa
CB Mods
Premium Member
Fight Leukemia
I heard that rigging in the new West Hall is a nightmare. The building is a parallelogram and the points are not conducive to regular booth rigging.

macsound

Word is the Whirled Concrete event attendance was down 40%.

"Business conventions exist to prove how many employees a company can function without."

I think the future for many trade show/conventions is not positive. If one attends because there are new products or services to evaluate, or participate in continuing professional education, much of that can be done remotely without the expense of a LV trade show "booth". Yes, there are aspects of conventions and trade shows that lend themselves to in-person contact but there are more productive ways to accomplish those as well.

Right now it's carpe per diem and we should grab every bit of work we can. The pundits that Fortune 100 companies pay for prognostication are indicating a resurgence of Covid-19 in October. I hope they're wrong.
I'm not sure if attendance for a conference that's going on right now is an indication of what people will attend in a year. Personally, I'm not eating at indoor restaurants and my vacation to Seattle will be a first time road trip instead of flight. I'm just not ready yet.

Hearing from people who were regulars to Apple's WWDC, LDI, AES etc., conventions are a time to connect with people you didn't have formal meetings scheduled for and demos of products you didn't realize existed. I know the Fancy Food show in SF was a place I went to every year to find the rows and rows of small businesses that didin't or couldn't advertise because of their size, but were plenty successful enough to operate and gain more exposure at the show, many of which I connected with and purchased from.

I guess I'm just thinking positive. My girlfriend rented out a private movie theatre for our anniversary and it was a great experience to go to the movies. I think there will a lot more public activity as vaccination rates get closer to a large majority and work stresses rise beyond always wanting to be stuck in front of your laptop at your dining room table. :)

Users who are viewing this thread