Good afternoon from a new member in Sunny Florida

Wow, this forum is great. It is awesome to be able to read so many posts from people who appear to like the same stuff as I do.

I have 18 years of experience running FOH in various environments and have had to learn a lot the hard way.

I am currently a FOH Engineer and Technical Director for a mid-sized church in Spring Hill, FL.

We took the dive in to Digital about 5 years ago when we (finally) revamped our sound system, replacing an A&H Gl3300 with an AVID DigiDesign VENUE SC-48. And I love this console.

Currently we have 2 types of services every Sunday, 1 Traditional (Hymns, piano, choir organ) and 2 Contemporary (6-peice band with 6 vocalists). Having the digital board makes this possible, it would be a nightmare trying to do this analog. And if any of y'all do that, then hats-off to you!

We also live-stream with a 3 camera shoot.

Since I am the "Technical Guy" on staff I get to maintain all of this and more...yes, we have almost everything on campus...from an old (Don't want to say vintage) RadioShack PA amplifier with a PylePro :( wireless mic, all the way to a Behrringer X32 Compact for the youth room.

Anyway, thank you guys for creating this forum and I look for ward to reading and contributing.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back