Good evening fellow roadies/tech heads/musicians

Mr.Pibb

If you dont fall under one of the categories in the title, I'm sorry to have left you out.

But... Hey everyone! I just stumbled upon this site while browsing the interweb and found myself intrigued by the forum discussions. My name is Mike, and I recently graduated from Full Sail in Winter Park FL. Please save all your comments about the school, I've heard them all. I was born a musician with a natural ear for music, thus why I pursued a career in relation. I'm heavy into both audio and lighting, however I've grown more into a "squint" my last months at the school. Currently I am job hunting, pushing towards the cruise industry, as well as company's in Nashville and Las Vegas. If anyone has any leads... *wink wink.*

Also I posted a question related to SMAART 6 in a different thread: http://www.controlbooth.com/forums/showthread.php?p=34973#post34973 - If anyone has information I would be greatful.

Thats about it in a nutshell, its nice to find a forum such as this one.

Welcome to the forum. Heard them all no doubt, but not as much as needed - no matter where you go it's all about what you take from and learn at the place you go. Welcome to the industry that is a small world but always looking for highly trained capable and skilled labor. You will no doubt be broke in the first years but after a time and once your name gets out there for your ability, it's going to become much easier and better. For now sling the cable as a cable slinger to the best of your ability and never think yourself better than doing better at the task given. We all go thru it and it's necessary even if humbling or back breaking at times. Mouth shut, body in motion for now equals either better things if better than this later or slinging burgers if better than this now. Good luck in the industry. Learn and never stop learning, much less keeping that strong back. Above this, payback is a ***** both by way of the slings and arrows you recieve while new in paying them back to others later so as to pass on the tradition and it not being easy to learn, and at the same time passing back on the knowledge you recieve now and later to others.

P.S. lots of websites out there, this might be a home but you should acquant yourself with the others also. Never know where you will find a kernel of information or interest in debate that helps.

Last edited:
Yes, I am ready to coil plenty of cables. Already had a taste of it from my first corporate gig near Disney.

P.S. lots of websites out there, this might be a home but you should acquant yourself with the others also. Never know where you will find a kernel of information or interest in debate that helps.

Any other sites to take note? Thanks for the reply!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back