Good NY Times article.

gafftapegreenia

CBMod
CB Mods
Detailed article concerning the light bulb ban, incandescent's, halogens, CFL's and LED's in more layman's terms and feelings. However, still a good read and useful in gaining an insight into how the "everyday" person perceives light who hasn't been educated in color temperature, spectrum and all that.

All of these energy bills and I go into work and press 3 buttons and it all goes out the window....

CF technology still is not there yet, it looks good on paper. I am glad that people are finally realizing what color temperature is! I used to get in yelling matches with my father years ago because he went around and put those round 8" florescent tubes in all of our lamps and they drove me up a wall. Still to this day he still has them.... i unplug them every time I go home.

All of these energy bills and I go into work and press 3 buttons and it all goes out the window....
CF technology still is not there yet, it looks good on paper. I am glad that people are finally realizing what color temperature is! I used to get in yelling matches with my father years ago because he went around and put those round 8" florescent tubes in all of our lamps and they drove me up a wall. Still to this day he still has them.... i unplug them every time I go home.

We should have a national " * @ FL" day, in protest. (Oops, that's StrandSpeak, blasphemy!)

What's interesting is that there was legislation back a number of years ago to make light bulbs more efficient as well. Basically reducing wattages but uping lamp life and efficieny...they were supposed to make redesigns to all light bulbs and they only got through R bulbs.

I hate this bill for the record.

Yea, the lamps I'm planning to de-Colorine are all 34 watt Wattmiser lamps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back