Good PC build for MA onPC and MA 3d?

Just trying to see if there's anything special needed to get the pre-vis running, or if I can just run something simple with it. If anyone has a setup like this, please let me know. :)

It depends on the scale of what you are trying to do.

3D will run on almost anything, but it's basically a video game engine, so the better your video card the better the experience. I have never really bothered to check, but I would guess the CPU is pretty much a non-issue, it will be GPU limited, especially if you have a monitor greater than 1080p.

On an integrated intel graphics, with say under 100 fixtures, you will get single digit frame rates. On a low-end card like a GT 730 you get around 30fps. A graphics card like a GTX 1060, is a nice combination of performance and value.

I have programmed whole shows on a GT 730m, it's useable but not great. If you already have a computer with some sort of video card, give it a shot. If you need to add a card, the GTX 1060 and RX 480 are probably the best bang for the buck right now.

I take that back. the 730m was getting me about 25 at 1366x768, at 1080, it was in the teens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back