GOOD PRICE/SOURCE FOR GOBOS

DJ EZ-C

I want to get some gobos made for my moving light fixtures: Chauvet Rogue RH1's and Martin Roboscan 918 PRO's. I will two of each size gobo for these fixtures respectively

I have the pattern developed and a graphic artist who can send the pattern in the correct format. The pattern is simple and would require a glass gobo and simply black with the pattern being clear for the light to pass through. No complicated gray scale or dichroic work is required.

Apollo and the like deal through a dealer network and do not sell directly to the public. In talking to various dealers, the pricing for the same thing seems to vary wildly from around $30 to $100. It does not matter to me where the retailer is located since mailing gobos should only cost a few dollars. Can anybody recommend a good source to work with who has good pricing and service?

Production Advantage, BMI Productions, Vincent Lighting Systems are a few good choices.

One would expect a local (or non-local) lighting retailer would be happy supplying your lighting and audio needs, especially if you build a business relationship with that company. It may be prudent to contact a familiar dealer and say something like "If I bring you all my custom gobo business, what pricing can you lock in for me?"

This relationship building goes well beyond custom gobos. You may get preferred pricing as a frequent buyer of whatever they offer the general public-

One would expect a local (or non-local) lighting retailer would be happy supplying your lighting and audio needs, especially if you build a business relationship with that company. It may be prudent to contact a familiar dealer and say something like "If I bring you all my custom gobo business, what pricing can you lock in for me?"

This relationship building goes well beyond custom gobos. You may get preferred pricing as a frequent buyer of whatever they offer the general public-

As an Apollo staff member can you make some recommendations close to Zip Code 10901? Preferrably in Northern NJ? Thank you!

In talking to various dealers, the pricing for the same thing seems to vary wildly from around $30 to $100.

Where are you finding custom glass gobos for $30???

Last edited:
Good day DJ EZ-C, here are three local Apollo dealers with a wide selection of lighting and other gear-

17.82 mi
Altman Rentals
57 Alexander Street
Yonkers, New York 10701
914-476-7368upload_2016-7-22_10-14-58.png
Street View Direction
  • 17.98 mi
    Norcostco - New Jersey
    333 A Route 46 West
    Fairfield, New Jersey 07004
    800-220-6940upload_2016-7-22_10-14-58.png
    Street View Direction

When you're dealing with gobos that will experience fairly intense heat for long periods of time, don't skimp. Spend the money for Apollo. If you spend $30, and they last for 20 hours, or $100, and they last for 1,000 hours (just random, hypothetical product life) which is the better deal?

And Bill from ESC knows his stuff. And usually has a joke to tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back