Got a phone call today.

BillESC

From a church that a couple years ago hired me to design their sanctuary sound system for a new church they were going to build. Working with the engineers at EV we modelled a very nice system center hung line array.

They changed architects and never used my plan.

Forward to today, they have asked me to come to the church to fix their sound and AV systems. I'll take pictures of what I find.

BTW, this is the same church that recently paid me over 10K to add acoustic remediation to their new fellowship hall.

Goes along with the saying, " it is what it is." Which I hate when anyone says that.

Not a Patriots fan I take it then. Bill Belichick says this every press conference.

Goes along with the saying, " it is what it is." Which I hate when anyone says that.
Well, I'll admit to using that phrase. Open up a wall on an old theatre and see its a mess of crazy framing and layers form one too many renovations or changes. Kind of stand and look at it and despite wishing it otherwise, conclude "it is what it is" in resignation to a lot of work and money.

I suppose if the phrase is used with glee, as in I just built something for you - poorly - and tell you "it is want it is" - yes - not agreeable. (I'd actually *never* do that to you!)

Did a site visit today and here is what I found.

They have asked me if I can make it work.....

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Did a site visit today and here is what I found.

They have asked me if I can make it work.....

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Doesn't that just smack of music store meets Home Depot, has glanced at Phil Giddings but has yet to meet Mike Sokol?
I'd love to begin enumerating but my fingers aren't feeling long enough tonight, I'd be typing them down to at least my second knuckles and you'd all be bored to tears.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

Obviously I've been jaded by years of suboptimal contractors.
I looked at and went that rack doesn't look too bad...

Obviously I've been jaded by years of suboptimal contractors.
I looked at and went that rack doesn't look too bad...

You mean like this?

upload_2017-2-7_23-48-33.png

One of my favorite details I've ever had to release in bid documents. This rack was the worst of ten.

Yes, that rack is worse to be sure.

Reminds me of Morning Star Baptist Church, they wanted to up-grade their AV. This is what I walked into.

proxy.php

Loose extension cords with space left in rack power unit screams amateur "fixes".

YIKES!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back