GrandMA Offline

JP12687

my school might be getting the GrandMA later this year so i am attempting to teach myself with the offline editor. But when i go to add fixtures it pretty muh only has DMX stuff, what if i wanted to put in a regular Source Four? hwo do i edit personalities or make them?

Wow, you must have a lot of dimmers and lights to be considering a grandMA! How many lights do you have?

So your getting a Grand MA to run only conventionals? Second, for conventionals, you only add how many dimmers you need, you do not select the fixture type. There is no reason to create new profiles. So if you have 96 dimmers, thats how many you add, etc.

If you need me to walk you through it let me know.

thank you so just select a standard Dimmer from the "fixture menu" and then i just patch dimmers #'s to channels just like everythign else?

Yes we are in the final stages of approval on a 150k grant. we are getting 96 new conventinal lights(mostly an array of source fours and Parts) and we are getting 35k to spend on new and used movers, to add to the 8 we already have.

We are also upgrading our sound board, mics, monitor system, etc....

it is going to be a GREAT year

Where are you getting this grant from?

sorry my last reply was quick, more details about the grant. I live in a pretty decent sized town with many large corperations HQs here. A few of them in the past have supported the school system, and local theatres. I went to one of the companies asking for money to upgrade the theatre facilities so we could impliment a Design Carrear Academy. Right now we are in final stages of approval on that grant, we are then going to another local company to get initial funding to hire a teacher to teach the class

Sounds like you've got it made. I'm jealous.

Seriously, all i had to do was right a very detailed letter about why we need this money, and what we need it for and the company was very receptive. Luckily the company i picked has over 680BILLION in assets so they were VERY willing.

I would say give it a try, even if not to the same extent as i have pulled ask a local company for a little money to upgrade your theatre and explain why theatre design is important and why you need the proper tools.

You never know until you try....

I have tried some things, but we have something working against us. We are technically funded by the school, because we don't have to pay to use the theater and they'll occasionally buy us some equipment. This means that we cannot get IRS 501(c)(3) status which the companies near us require to give a grant. I have gotton some little things from companies online, but that's about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back