grandMA onPC and 3d aren't talking

Nigelje

Just downloaded the latest versions of 3d and onPC for the old desks, but they just will not recognise each other. I load up a show in the desk, then boot up 3d on the same dual monitor powerful computer and.................nuffink., I cant "join" a session, its greyed out, any help?

In OnPC... set the IP address to 127.0.0.1 (TCP/IP Local Loopback address)
Then start session...
Been a while since I used 3d... if there is an option to set ip address also use 127.0.0.1, and it should work.
RB

In OnPC... set the IP address to 127.0.0.1 (TCP/IP Local Loopback address)
Then start session...
Been a while since I used 3d... if there is an option to set ip address also use 127.0.0.1, and it should work.
RB

Grand Ma's also have problems with lesser grades of data cable. Don't know if it helps but it could become a problem at times.

Thanks for the help but........the ip's are the same already although the console has 127.0.0.1(100) no idea what the 100 in parenthisis is about. and both programs are running on the same computer so cable isnt the problem

Sorry to bring back an old thread but My question involves the GrandMA 3d 2 software with on PC 2 software both are on the same network but it doesn't display the session.

Sorry to bring back an old thread but My question involves the GrandMA 3d 2 software with on PC 2 software both are on the same network but it doesn't display the session.

Are the onPC and 3d compatible software versions? OnPc and 3d need to match.

Same machine, or two different machines on the same network?

Apologies if the following questions seem silly....

Is the MA hosting the session? Is the IP on the console correct for the network that is being connected to? Same for 3d.

Let me know if things are able to be solved, or if more assistance is needed.

Two separate machines, I got them "supposedly" on the same session now the stage wont reflect what fixtures are patched an positioned on the On PC

Can you see the 3D machine in the session from onPC?

When you update your patch does the show get 'pushed' to 3d, or 'pushed' at all?

I can't see the 3D machine from the onPC and supposedly its supposed to sync automatically.

GrandMA onPC and GrandMA 3d need to be set where they have identical IP addresses (even run on same machine) and then the GrandMA 3d has to be the slave, and the MAonPC has to be the master. From there, I don't believe you'll be joining a session, rather you'll be automatically sync'd. If not, create a session, and have MA3d join it. Its been awhile since I've done it on my machine, but no problems since. The connection tab on the bottom will show a green heart, and your show will load up.

Oh, and always check your versions: MA won't sync up with other consoles, other PCs, other programs like 3d, or even iPhone remotes if the versions are different.

Last edited:
Yes it would. Set console to 192.168.0.1 or something like that. Set the PC to 192.168.0.xxx. make sure you are using a network switch if your network adapter doesn't do auto switching.
Turn off your firewall. Make sure 3d is running as administrator. In the ma3d choose the same IP as what you set up on your network adapter. You will need to close and reopen the program for this to take effect. On the console start a session and under the Visualizer ta b in net. work configuration choose add. Select you pc. You will now need to right click on the column session member so that it says yes. At this point the show should upload from the console. If you already started to add elements on the ma3d side. You should do this in reverse so that the starts the session.

I'll have to try that tomorrow, little late to run the software. I go them connected before but the MA3D just wont show the stage. I'll see if I can make it work though...

Over at MA-share.net , some wombat named "alexwhughes" suggested this video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Without knowing the poster;), I can't speak to its veracity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately that's on a single pc...

It's still a pretty decent guide. Just set your IPs like I mentioned instead of using loop back.
Like it mentions make sure you are using the same version of ma3d as you have on the desk.
Also make sure your session id is 1 on both units.

Duck, please check your PMs. If those steps work for you I will be happy to share with everyone. If not, more tweaking before they get shared!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back