GrandMA1 USB problem

KGacho

Hey folks,

Trying to keep a GMA1 Light alive. The USB isn't being recognized. Not even providing power.
The connector itself has been replaced. Anything in the BIOS perhaps?

Thanks

Depending on the motherboard, it's probably a dead or low CMOS battery. The BIOS gets reset and USB does not activate USB by default. It's been a few years for me and I don't have any series one desks left to look at, but call ACT lighting and ask for MA 1 software support, you will probably get Mario, and he will walk you through all the settings. There are a surprising number of changes from the defaults.

The one time that I lost USB connectivity on an MA1 Light a full reinstall of the same version of software took care of it. Not sure why, but it did. Apparently it doesn't like having anything other than a flash drive plugged in; I triggered failure using a USB keyboard (it was a repeatable problem).

Thanks everyone.
I have been in contact with Mario at ACT.
At this point, he says I'm SOL and that it's a problem with the motherboard.
I had a glimmer of hope after I did a solder reflow along the USB's 5V path.
After that, it was actually working! I was able to load and save shows on the USB for an entire day.
Then, suddenly the console locked up. After rebooting, it went back to not seeing the USB.
I went into the BIOS and entered the settings that Mario had recommended to no avail.
I am going to try reloading software and applying CPR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back