GrandMa2 showfile to EOS Ti

meque

Is it possible to take a showfile, recorded on a GrandMa2 desk , and use it on an EOS Ti desk?

I asume that lots of info will end up in weird places, such as cuetimes, macros and other deskspecific data. But wouldn't at least some ASCII data get into the right place, like conventionals?

Unfortunately I don't have the file (yet), I don't have a GrandMa2 and I don't have an EOS Ti. Hence the question.

Some context: traveling with a theatre company to Bogota, Colombia to participate in Festival IberoAmericano, and since my spanish is less than average and their english might be anything from great to non-existing, a little help such as the showfile working will do wonders.

Any help would be great, even though it might be a very complex explanation.

Is it possible to take a showfile, recorded on a GrandMa2 desk , and use it on an EOS Ti desk?

I asume that lots of info will end up in weird places, such as cuetimes, macros and other deskspecific data. But wouldn't at least some ASCII data get into the right place, like conventionals?

Unfortunately I don't have the file (yet), I don't have a GrandMa2 and I don't have an EOS Ti. Hence the question.

Some context: traveling with a theatre company to Bogota, Colombia to participate in Festival IberoAmericano, and since my spanish is less than average and their english might be anything from great to non-existing, a little help such as the showfile working will do wonders.

Any help would be great, even though it might be a very complex explanation.

Hi! You can't use the file directly - it has to go through a conversion process. Because of the way the MA2 show file is packaged, that conversion is best done by our tech support group. There will be some cleanup required, but much of the data does come through cleanly. You can email your show file to [email protected]. That mailbox goes directly to tech support. We have a document that will also explain how the data is converted, so you know what to look for. You will be able to use ETCnomad for Eos to do file cleanup before you get to the Ti..... Hope that helps.

Anne

I recommend knowing both MA2 and ETC Nomad inside and out, so you can find all the data and get it transferred quickly without the need for a gigantic scavenger hunt. Also, Patch and Detailed cue lists are your best friend.

Hi Will. I noticed that you just joined CB. Welcome! We would love to get to know you, if you have some time you should post a little hello in the New Members Board.

Hej meque. If you are going to be working in Bogota and its going to be an Eos Ti then it sounds to me like you will be in the Teatro Colon, am I right? If so you are in for a surprise and a treat. Its a very beautiful space and its technically fantastic, one of the best I have worked in.
The staff there are lovely and very helpful. And speak pretty good English. Jose Luis is chief tech and Leonardo is the chief LX and both are great guys and very knowledgeable. Tell them James from Circolombia says hi.
Cant help you with your showfile though, sorry.

Hi! You can't use the file directly - it has to go through a conversion process. Because of the way the MA2 show file is packaged, that conversion is best done by our tech support group. There will be some cleanup required, but much of the data does come through cleanly. You can email your show file to [email protected]. That mailbox goes directly to tech support. We have a document that will also explain how the data is converted, so you know what to look for. You will be able to use ETCnomad for Eos to do file cleanup before you get to the Ti..... Hope that helps.

Anne
I'm curious what parts convert easily, and what is lost? I would guess that cue timing/delay, individual timings delays,etc convert okay. How about Effects? And what happens with Sequence Playback/protection options like, "off on overwritten" "auto start/spot" and "kill protect" "high priority?" Basically things that are not in the cues, but other options and settings on each sequence.

Do things command-line in cues get converted to EOS syntax as well?

I don't really have any need for this, but I find it interesting.

Will @
I know MA2 very well but have always had a problem with the ETC way of programming and finding whatever I want. Have not used nomad but worked alot on a cobalt and before that the congo, so I know it but can't wrap my head around it.

Judge @
You're correct, we're going to play at Teatro Colon, and I've heard great things about it except that there's no real load-in? So you'll have pass through the lobby with your gear. I visited Bogota last year but the theatre was closed for maintenance or installation and now they've apparently changed out the whole place. It would have been nice to see the whole before and after thing. But its real comforting to hear that the techs are good guys and its going to be a pleasure to meet them. I'll pass on your regards definately!

The place was closed for a major refit. Now there is certainly a proper load in, with a yard that holds plenty of vehicles, with a loading dock, big doors and a lift. No problem at all. Here is a picture I took of it from the street and you can see the new flytower on the left.

proxy.php

Here is the theatre look out from the stage. You can see the control positions on the balcony. Audio is centre, LX is house right of it and video is house left. They also have proper production tables you can use in the stalls for plotting.

proxy.php

And here is our lovely Julia Sanchez rehearsing her cloudswing.

proxy.php

They have an amazing selection of lighting kit - everything by ETC as well as MAc3 Performances x 10 and a bunch of VLX washes.

Yeah, the theatre looks very nice. Thanks for the pics. And for the info as well. It's quite weird/funny that you sit on info that the company I'm traveling with doesn't have (or worse, have the opposite). It might be some kind of communication problem, cause I know that the company was looking for contact inside the theatre and not the festival (which they have). Not that I'm complaining since that's the way I got involved with this (I worked with that company for 6 months in 2013 and they knew I have a Colombian girlfriend, and then they had a tech canceling the trip and here we are).

This is the play we're going to put up.
http://es.festivaldeteatro.com.co/obras/fanny-y-alexander-nordic/

I checked the gear list and it looks pretty nice. They have a bunch of LED S4s that I would like to take a look at. Mac 3s are pretty good and VLs are VLs.

While writing this post I got an update on the whole load-in situation. Apparently they have decided to block the whole backyard for further building projects just when we're coming (8th of march). That's why they want us to take the front door. Oh well, It'll be interesting. As you can see in the trailer there are some rather big set pieces but I guess that you can take basically anything apart just to put it togetehr inside again :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back