Gravesend Inn 2017

JohnHuntington

The Gravesend Inn, our haunted hotel attraction at City Tech in downtown Brooklyn, opens Thursday.

Al the technology is viewable after you exit the attraction, and I'm often around and happy to talk to anyone after you go through.

Show control is Medialon Manager, audio from QLab/Dante and Alcorn (stand alone effect in lobby), lighting via GrandMA, animatronics control via Weigl/Venue Magic and video playback now (this year) on Brightsign. Secret video surveillance stuff too. All run on a managed, routed network.

We had almost 5000 people through last year, so it's better to come early in the run. Full details here: www.gravesendinn.org

John
www.controlgeek.net
www.johnhuntington.photography

Someday I will make the trek.

I’m curious about the networked IO for animatronics. All of the houses I’ve been working on are mostly BooBoxes at individual effects, which gets messy quickly.

Our attractions are currently temporary and get setup/torn down for the season, so we’d end up pulling a ton of power, camera, speaker, and low voltage lines throughout the haunt for the various elements, so I like the idea of a few “nodes” with a small rack with a switch, various I/O, and power as needed compared to pulling everything to a central location.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back