The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Greetings from HS Stage Manager

Discussion in 'New Member Board' started by GHSStageManager, Dec 28, 2008.

1. GHSStageManager

GHSStageManager Member

Good morning all!

Not to be one to break tradition, I'm posting here to introduce myself to the community. I have been stage managing for about a year now, and before this, I was a sound technician.

Theatre has been an awesome experience for me, and is definitely a possible career choice in a year or two.

I look very much forward to learning more about the trade and theatre in general.

Thanks

2. rochem

rochem Well-Known Member

Welcome to CB! Since I am not in some form of a tech week at the moment, I'm not really sure what one is supposed to be doing at 3:30 in the morning, so naturally I hang out here!

I'm a high school student as well, primarily Lighting, but I've done everything from Stage Managing to Sound to pretty much everything else. I also plan to pursue a career in the theatre, specifically as a Lighting Designer, and this site is a huge help for whenever you're stuck on something.

Become good friends with the Search feature, as there is a huge wealth of information available here on almost everything you could ever want to know about technical theatre. And if there's something you want to know, just ask it and someone will have an answer for you. Also, don't be afraid to bring back old topics if you have other questions.

3. GHSStageManager

GHSStageManager Member

Great to hear that the community here is so helpful.

Thank you for the welcome rochem!

4. avkid

avkid Not a New User Fight Leukemia

Stageline Operator/Staging Supervisor
    Welcome.
    Do you know about SMNetwork ?

5. GHSStageManager

GHSStageManager Member

Yes I do, I frequently read that forum - although I am not a member over there, yet. There are a lot of very experienced and insightful people over there.