Greetings from New York

bendersen

Just wanted to say hi I suppose. My name is Ben Andersen, I'm 17 years old and a stage manager at my high school. I'm here primarily because I've started a mentoring program at my school for younger children (ages 10-14, primarily) in technical theatre. Every now and again, I imagine, I'll need some ideas on a certain area and this seems like a great place to get started with that.

Ciao!

Welcome Ben,
This is a great place to ask questions and bounce ideas off of people. There are lots of us here who love helping young folks.

Ditto what Gaff said. I've taught several technical theatre classes with kids andit's a ton of fun, challenging and rewarding.

That 10-14 age group can be difficult to get to focus and learn something, however once they get it the results can be fantastic. I've seen a few junior high tech kids with AMAZING skills. If you get bit by the tech bug early it can become an all consuming passion. I've seen a 14 year old who always felt it necessary to carry a multimeter and a decibel meter in his backpack at school... and the boy could run a sound system better than I can.

Welcome to Control Booth!!

I think it is great that you are working with younger students. Working in a high school, I feel that everyone can discover a part of themselves working on shows - and not just by being on stage. I wish the school district that I worked for had a decent middle school program!
Please contribute by not only asking, but also answering questions!!

Dennis

hey! were nearby! i'm across the river from you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back