The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Greetings from the fringes of Seattle

Discussion in 'New Member Board' started by IanJ, Jun 24, 2009.

1. IanJ

IanJ Member

My name is Ian Johnston, finally signing up for CB after knowing of it for years. I'm a jack-of-all-trades: if it's tech, I've probably done it, although I won't claim to have done it well.

I'm currently co-Technical Director of Annex Theatre in Seattle, and Technical Director of Sketchfest Seattle, as well as being a general designer/stage manager/dogsbody around the fringe theater community. I've also worked extensively with Open Circle Theater, a number of former sketch comedy groups, including Bald Faced Lie and Flaming Box of Stuff, and with "Awesome" (a band which grew out of the theater community).

Theater is one of the things I do for fun, along with motorcycle racing, machining, playing cello, writing, producing video, and an eclectic variety of other things.

2. DaveySimps

DaveySimps CBMod CB Mods Premium Member

Performing Arts Center Manager
    Welcome Ian! Glad you finally decided to stop by and introduce yourself. We have at least a few members who live live out in your neck of the woods. I look forward to reading your posts. Enjoy CB!

~Dave

3. IanJ

IanJ Member

Thanks Dave, I'm looking forward to it. I expect to be doing a lot of reading first, though, so don't be surprised if I'm pretty quiet for a while. ;)

4. Grommet

Grommet Member

Welcome. Seattle is a funny place with lots of neat crevasses. Maybe i'll run into you on the road.

5. gafftaper

gafftaper Senior Team Senior Team Fight Leukemia

Theater Manager & T.D.
    I am not a neat Crevass!!!

Hey Ian welcome to CB. Seattle is not very well represented here on CB, although others have come and gone, it's pretty much just me and a couple of high school students from the south end and east side.

Don't be shy Jump in and join the discussion. The search function is your friend. Don't forget to check out our wiki.