Greetings from TheatreArtLife

Hi Everyone,
It is great to be part of the Control Booth community. I am the Co-Founder for TheatreArtLife.com. TheatreArtLife was founded in 2016 in Hong Kong. We are a platform/resource for live entertainment & theatre industry professionals. We currently have 92 industry pro contributors who write articles for our site sharing insights and experiences. We also offer job/internship listings and a professional development resource guide. To access some of our features, you will subscribe to a membership but you can read 3 articles per week for free. We are constantly looking for new contributors if you are interested in writing for us and we also like to do interviews with industry pros. If you would like to participate in an interview, let me know! We also promote your personal social media and websites in any article. Contributors can also gain a free professional membership to our site. Check out our media kit for more info or visit us at TheatreArtLife.com
Looking forward to connecting with you!
Ashley

Attachments

• TheatreArtLife Media Kit.pdf
    9.7 MB · Views: 3
Hi Everyone,
It is great to be part of the Control Booth community. I am the Co-Founder for TheatreArtLife.com. TheatreArtLife was founded in 2016 in Hong Kong. We are a platform/resource for live entertainment & theatre industry professionals. We currently have 92 industry pro contributors who write articles for our site sharing insights and experiences. We also offer job/internship listings and a professional development resource guide. To access some of our features, you will subscribe to a membership but you can read 3 articles per week for free. We are constantly looking for new contributors if you are interested in writing for us and we also like to do interviews with industry pros. If you would like to participate in an interview, let me know! We also promote your personal social media and websites in any article. Contributors can also gain a free professional membership to our site. Check out our media kit for more info or visit us at TheatreArtLife.com
Looking forward to connecting with you!
Ashley
Ashley, first of all, welcome to ControlBooth. Always great to have more people who are interested in spreading knowledge and education.

I do have a question regarding your organization/website. What do you feel that your content brings to the table that makes it worth the subscription price, when there are multiple trade magazines that bring similar content, in print and online, for free? Are you compensating your contributors and the subscription is paying that? Otherwise it seems to me that the value would come from the services like job listings and searching, and your development guides. I guess What I am getting at is that I would think a model where the content (articles/interviews) are free, but the premium feature (job search, pro resources, etc.) are the up-sell. Especially since similar content is available for free elsewhere and from the three articles I have read, it is a lot of "contributor's opinion" pieces.

The other thing that feel like it is missing is some for of comment/response/discussion stream for articles. It seem that much of the content is designed to spark conversation, but it doesn't seem like you have a forum for that.

Don't take this the wrong way, I do think that it is great to have more "real" people in the industry sharing knowledge.

Ashley,

Hi. I was an early follower on Facebook and have read a few articles (mostly by contributors that I already knew). I was looking through your media kit and noticed that you were talking about the time spent on your site. I was thinking that Alex might be right that you would want to increase the amount of free articles to get your non-subscribers to visit more often. I would also think that the more that you offer your visitors for free, the more time that they will spend on your site. This would likely garner greater support from advertisers as they would have the potential for more views. Of course, you have better access to your site data and can ignore my comments.

Here's hoping that your site is a success and by collaborating here, we both can benefit.

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back