Greetings from Tulsa, Oklahoma

JCBigler

Greetings from Tulsa, Oklahoma.

Thought I should drop by and say hello to everyone and introduce myself.

I have been working as a professional stage tech and sound engineer for 11 years now. I started life as a saxophone player and spent my first round of college as a saxophone performance major. I got into theatre when I went back to school to take computer and IT classes and eventually started working on the house crew for the local community college performing arts center. Eventually, I started working for the IA local and joined up in 2008. I spent the summer and fall of 2007 in Cedar City, Utah as the Lead Audio Tech for the Utah Shakespeare Festival.

Since December 2008 I have been the full time house sound technician at the Tulsa Performing Arts Center in Tulsa, Oklahoma where I purchase, install and maintain the audio systems for five theatre spaces, a banquet hall, an art gallery and all of the requisite FOH and back stage systems. I also maintain a freelance career as a recording engineer and sound systems consultant. Sometimes I even get to play my saxophone too.

Looking forward to sharing my knowledge and learning from others here.

JohnD

Fight Leukemia
Indeed, welcome to CB, in your first 4 posts you have shown why you are a valued member of both the pro sound forums. Just keep an eye out for @Footer , he has powers (mod or senior staff or something like that) and he is also the Number 1 boffin at the EGG. Oh wait, he also shares his knowledge at the same pro sound forums.

JohnD

Fight Leukemia
Close, Ponca City, aka the tip of the dognose of The Osage, and now mostly retired.

JohnD

Fight Leukemia
Has your recording work taken you to the studio at 3rd and Trenton? I used to hang out there some (Likely before you were born)

JohnD

Fight Leukemia
Yes, The Church, it has gone through a lot of owners, Steve Ripley of The Tractors either owned or ran it for a while. I think most of the original equipment ended up in CA. IMHO the coolest thing there was a vintage Ampex 1 inch 4 track recorder, there were two channels of electronics below, they looked hand built, with those old 1 inch jeweled pilot lights to indicate function, all wrapped in glossy black formica.

Users who are viewing this thread