Greetings from Worcester, Mass

Jim Eddy

After 30 years non-active in the theatre world, working as an architectural and furniture restorer, and as a woodworker, I have rejoined the theatre world. Next month I will become the Director of Technical Theatre in the Drama program at Worcester Polytechnic Institute.
This is going to be a jump into the deep end. WPI is an engineering school, with students learning engineering, robotics, computer science, etc. What I hope to bring to the table is how to use theatre technology in service of the larger artistic vision of playwright, directors and designers. All the while learning the technology that has evolved light-years beyond what was available to designers and TDs at small college theatre programs.
Wish me luck. I may go down in flames, but it will be a hell of a ride!

After 30 years non-active in the theatre world, working as an architectural and furniture restorer, and as a woodworker, I have rejoined the theatre world. Next month I will become the Director of Technical Theatre in the Drama program at Worcester Polytechnic Institute.
This is going to be a jump into the deep end. WPI is an engineering school, with students learning engineering, robotics, computer science, etc. What I hope to bring to the table is how to use theatre technology in service of the larger artistic vision of playwright, directors and designers. All the while learning the technology that has evolved light-years beyond what was available to designers and TDs at small college theatre programs.
Wish me luck. I may go down in flames, but it will be a hell of a ride!
Welcome to Control Booth @Jim Eddy.
May I recommend snug fitting Kevlar undies, they're such a vast improvement over the old asbestos.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

Ah, my old alma mater. Welcome!

Heads up: unless things have changed, Lens and Lights (LnL) has all the really fun toys. Also, get ready to learn a lot of acronyms, because WPI has an acronym for just about everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back