Greetings long time lurker needing wireless advice for sound

mcubed4130

Hello everyone!

Long time reader, finally decided to sign up... as my "hobby" of all things light, sound, and tech... is turning into something larger... for a few years now, my wife and I have been running a small school, teaching acting dancing and singing.. well school is growing... it's time to rent the big theatre (well the one we can afford to rent).

Going into a 600 seat theatre, that basically has a lighting system and sound system from the 1960s! ... don't ask.

So I'm planning on renting everything... or buying the important items as we will likely be using this theatre for a while.

The show is a variety show, in the style of a show within a show... acting groups will pretend to run a dance competition personal emotional antics that go with that... real dancer groups will really dance as part of the "fake competition" , interludes with singers will sing the emotional content of how the dancers and actors are portraying the competition.

Lighting will be simple... in smaller inhouse performances we normally rent source4s with etc smartfade. No biggie.

A trio of vocalists... also in theory simple - I have 2 - SM58's thinking I'll just get a 3rd and run wired.

Then the part I have NO CLUE about...

Wireless sound... yeah... Basic budget, trying to stay under $10,000 for purchase items, and under $1k for rentals for this specific show. And yes - I hate to ask... but most of the Wireless Sound Threads seem very old, and I don't know if there is anything newer that makes sense.

In theory I need 7 wireless singers 2 of which are also dancers... Recommendations?? Maybe Countryman B3?s everyone are kids/students/amateurs... I like the concept of Sennheisers but everything I'm reading says the MKE2's dont hold up to amateurs well.

Ok... well hello everyone! Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

-Michael

Hello everyone!

Long time reader, finally decided to sign up... as my "hobby" of all things light, sound, and tech... is turning into something larger... for a few years now, my wife and I have been running a small school, teaching acting dancing and singing.. well school is growing... it's time to rent the big theatre (well the one we can afford to rent).

Going into a 600 seat theatre, that basically has a lighting system and sound system from the 1960s! ... don't ask.

So I'm planning on renting everything... or buying the important items as we will likely be using this theatre for a while.

The show is a variety show, in the style of a show within a show... acting groups will pretend to run a dance competition personal emotional antics that go with that... real dancer groups will really dance as part of the "fake competition" , interludes with singers will sing the emotional content of how the dancers and actors are portraying the competition.

Lighting will be simple... in smaller inhouse performances we normally rent source4s with etc smartfade. No biggie.

A trio of vocalists... also in theory simple - I have 2 - SM58's thinking I'll just get a 3rd and run wired.

Then the part I have NO CLUE about...

Wireless sound... yeah... Basic budget, trying to stay under $10,000 for purchase items, and under $1k for rentals for this specific show. And yes - I hate to ask... but most of the Wireless Sound Threads seem very old, and I don't know if there is anything newer that makes sense.

In theory I need 7 wireless singers 2 of which are also dancers... Recommendations?? Maybe Countryman B3?s everyone are kids/students/amateurs... I like the concept of Sennheisers but everything I'm reading says the MKE2's dont hold up to amateurs well.

Ok... well hello everyone! Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

-Michael
A good cabled mic beats most wireless mics plus you can teach, and lampoon, cable choreography, always a useful skill.
I'm still recalling, and impressed by, some great cable choreography employed in a production of Godspell a couple of decades ago.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back