Greetings people of earth

Hello all, I've joined this place so that I can get more questions on the gear I use outside of Mackie related(don't hate). I was on Mackie forums, but I realized my posts started to get removed without a trace if they involved other gear. I started teaching myself about pro audio, some lighting, and computer stuff at the age of 12, but I didn't get fully engulfed until a year later when I started going to Jr. High ministry at my local church. I'm now almost 19 years old I manage the Audio, video, and whatever lighting there is in the youth ministry.

I'll post my gear list later when I have more time.

EDIT
Here's my list of gear

Console: Allen Heath GL2200 32 channel
Processing: DBX 2/3 stereo crossover set at 120Hz, Two DBX dual compressor/gate's, except processors have one channel blown, really not sure how that happened, probably due to age... Digitech echo processor(forgot the model of this one, rather old, but it works!) Lexicon effects(it handles the reverb) forgot the model number of this one too but it looks like this one [media]http://homestudioguide.com/content/binary/LexiconReverb.jpg[/media]Mains: Mackie SA 1521
fake subs(for now): Mackie SR 1530, my youth leader hasn't gotten the fact that those speakers aren't supposed to be doing such a job and that you can get a better sound with real subs.
Monitors: two Mackie SRM450's, and two Yamaha club 12's.
Amperage: Samson Servo 200(don't hate), Peavy(forgot the model number on this) it's 250 watts, Bose 1600vi(not in use as right now)
Microphones: (having a brain fart) Those Shure mics that have brushed Aluminum but are actually SM58's on the inside, the models were used at the original Woodstock. And one Audix OM2. Don't have any specific instrument mic's at the moment sadly, but the mic's do their job...

Lighting: a couple of shop lights hanging off the ducting above the stage, two sets of small wall hangable mini can lights that sit on the floor for wall washing, two other shop lights behind the drummer for wall washing as well.

This has all been pieced together what has been in my churches storage area, hopefully soon we're going to upgrade.

Picture of the booth. http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs146.snc/17333_306260063652_503553652_4504004_1114164_n.jpg

I've also never been to a school for this, I've taught myself and asked friends about this stuff.

Last edited:
Welcome to the booth.

I'm glad to see that you have the desire and motivation to learn. Yes, you will find quite a bit of good info here in the forums. We all have our preferences of gear, but I'm sure that we can help you with whatever your needs may be. I'm sure that you will also be able to share some of your experiences as well.

Happy posting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back