Greetings!

WideEyed

and hello! I worked in a theater in college as a side job, and after stints at a music store and also as an elementary school music teacher I am back and loving every minute of it.

My name is a result of my current situation. I was hired as a sound engineer/tech, and am now the main stage technician at a community college! Definitely not all that I thought I would do, and the longer I have been here the longer the list grows of what needs to be done. It seems whoever was here before me didn't see the need to actually put equipment away or have anything professionally inspected. I have been lurking through the forums for the past month trying to absorb as much information as possible, and I was thrilled the day I found this site, because it has already been an enormous help!

Glad to have you aboard WideEyed!

I was thrilled the day I found this site, because it has already been an enormous help!

And we are thrilled you joined us, Wide Eyed!

As many here at the CB well know, much of the work gets done when someone actually CARES about equipment, storage, safety, and the occassional interaction with the 'powers that be' when looking to better the inventory.

Once again, welcome to the ControlBooth! The only silly question is the one that hasn't been asked (or searched in the Search or Wiki area).

Welcome to the 'booth WideEyed ! Isn't it odd that when we think of inheriting something, it's always money or property, not a mess of neglected gear? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back