Gsx 64000

Jrmuffun

I have been trying to find an operators manual for the strand lighting gsx 64000 and to no avail, i have not found one. I was just wondering if anybody has one that i can look at to try and figure out how this thing works...

Glad to help! Just curious, what will the school be using the board for?
I'm doing it for a school called Rocky Mountain Middle School. I'm there right now and I don't think their board is going to work because they don't have the floppy disk with the OS on it.

I'm doing it for a school called Rocky Mountain Middle School. I'm there right now and I don't think their board is going to work because they don't have the floppy disk with the OS on it.

Wait what? You don't have to have a floppy installed to operate the board, the basic OS is still installed on the console.

Sounds like a fun troubleshooting project.

Take some pictures. Show the class.

Really? Because when we turned it on all the lights came on then turned off, the floppy drive bay made a noise and it just sat there. Doing nothing, the screen was black and none of the buttons did anything.
@Ron Foley Care to reply?
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

My guess - the Mobo BIOS battery died. Once it's replaced they'll need the OS/firmware disc(s) to restore the console before any other troubleshooting can happen.

Edit ps. This desk required an externally-provided license key to be entered or after a couple of days/weeks/months it 'time bombs' and greatly restricts functionality, IIRC. I hope the school has that key on file (probably written on the operators manual cover :( )

Last edited:
Here is a link to the last os update. I have seen situations where the security key has been retained in the console but the os was corrupted and needed to be reinstalled.

did you get it working?
after the OS is re loaded you may only get (1) channel until you enter a configuration key
(the few day time limit mentioned above was when the were new)
they were configured by Strand LA or Toronto
you then had to get the real key from the UK.
they gave you a week or so to register the console.

this policy eventually went away and both LA and TO were able to generate the real key

if you get the console working and have no channels
send me the serial key (bottom of the set up screen) it will be a long number starting with 000 000 000
with that number I can get a pass key generated that you type in.
[email protected]

we can also still have parts for GSX and LBX

did you get it working?
after the OS is re loaded you may only get (1) channel until you enter a configuration key
(the few day time limit mentioned above was when the were new)
they were configured by Strand LA or Toronto
you then had to get the real key from the UK.
they gave you a week or so to register the console.

this policy eventually went away and both LA and TO were able to generate the real key

if you get the console working and have no channels
send me the serial key (bottom of the set up screen) it will be a long number starting with 000 000 000
with that number I can get a pass key generated that you type in.
[email protected]

we can also still have parts for GSX and LBX
I haven't been back at the school sense Friday but i told them that really their best course of action is to just buy a new console. However, i contacted one of my team members and asked them to take a look at this thread and all of your replies and determine the best course of action.
Thank you all for the replies! I really appreciate that all of you take your time to try and help out this small school in the middle of nowhere!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back