Guess What...I'm New

mah1801

Thanks to Google, I am now a member of this site. I am an actor turned high school director (and English teacher). This was my first year directing plays. The private school I work for pretty much abandoned its drama department a few years ago. The theatre was being used for storage. So they offered me the position of director and to single handily bring back drama. Nine months later we have put on two successful shows - the musical "Back to the 80s" and the play "Who Poisoned His Meatball?" I have been granted the honor of creating and teaching a new drama class for the next school year. My big question is: where to start? The main reason I joined this forum is for suggestions. Does anyone have a syllabus for an intro to drama class? Maybe suggestions on books that can help me? Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks for having me.

Welcome to the Booth! This new member forum is primarily for saying hello and introducing yourself. Many regular members don't read this forum. So you'll have much better results if you post your question in the Education forum... and I'll help you with that.

We are a nosy bunch and love to know more about where you are in the world and what you are doing. Post that information here.

To get your question answered follow this link to a new thread I set up for you in the education forum.

Remember, the search function is your friend!

Last edited:
Thanks for your help. I'm from St. Joseph, MO (north of Kansas City) but I teach at Maur Hill in Atchison, KS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back