Guests are knocking my LEDs down

DjJay

Hi Fellas,
I need some advice on what I can purchase to protect my colorblast 12 leds. I place these units around the perimeter of the ballroom to color wash the room. But since the units are on the ground, theres guests walking about the kids running around knocking them over. I think I saw a way to protect them. It was a Half Moon shape metal cover that you place infront of the light. I just dont know what its called. Does anyone know?? Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

Jay
RaazLive.com

If what you're looking for is specifically branded for the colorblast than I cannot find what you're describing. I took a look on city theatrical and didnt find anything but heres the link if you want to check too: City Theatrical

click on colorkinetics

Whats the event? The best solution might be some large men in black t-shirts. However, the device your thinking of can probably be custom built by yourself with some 3/4" plywood cut into a curve shape and some masonnite or something stapled onto the 3/4" ply. IN fact, you could probably design them to hold a floor base with a light on it too, all in 1 unit.

What you want is a shield, and it's a DIY fix. There's different ways to make them, from cutting large size pvc pipe, to bending metal, etc. Then paint or fabric cover, depending.

BTW, I charge an extra $20 per unit to use them because they're a lot of space on the truck.

Try moving the tables out another foot from the wall.

Techno, im not looking for a specific brand. Just something to place infront of the led units so kids other guests wont or cant step on them, kick it, or worse--drop a plate of food on it shattering the frosted glass..hahaha..the things i come across..lol

How about inverting some clear plastic totes over the units. Finding vented ones would be best, but making vented ones out of whatever you can find would also work. As a bonus, they nest for easy moving, or can be reused to carry other things.

proxy.php

Love the idea of the clear plastic totes. Unfortunately its just a little to low-end to bring to a high end reception. I could just imagine the bride and groom looking at the totes, and then me, and back at the tote with a smirk.

Love the idea of the clear plastic totes. Unfortunately its just a little to low-end to bring to a high end reception. I could just imagine the bride and groom looking at the totes, and then me, and back at the tote with a smirk.

You could opt for stainless steel or brushed aluminum wire baskets but they won't be splash-resistant.

hey guys speaking of the colorblast tr 12 leds...does anyone know the correct dip switch numbers on the PDS-750 TR...I want to create a chase sequence..not the usual color fades, and strobes which i use Quick Player for, but actual chases..
Also iam looking to buy more LED units for wall washing. Any thoughts on a type?

hey guys speaking of the colorblast tr 12 leds...does anyone know the correct dip switch numbers on the PDS-750 TR...I want to create a chase sequence..not the usual color fades, and strobes which i use Quick Player for, but actual chases..
Also iam looking to buy more LED units for wall washing. Any thoughts on a type?

We have 12 of these in our theater for color fill and plan on getting 12 more.

led wall wash light

There isn't much as far as documentation with them other than telling you what certain DMX values and basic Dip switch usage. (the manual was only 4 pages).

But at less than $200 a fixture its a decent trade off.

I gotta agree with len on this one - DIY is the way to go. A plywood base with two runners to fit the hardware to mount the fixture in a half moon shape, with a piece of black sheet metal or even just luan wrapped around the outside should do the job. If you wanted to get really fancy a sheet of 1/2" 12"x24" plexi should only cost around $20-$30 to go over the top and protect the fixture all around

I used to use something like this when I would shoot par64s up a wall. I made a nice 3 sided box that would house 2 fixtures and protect guests from getting burnt, hid the fixtures, and left enough room around the edges to keep the box from getting too hot. And it kept both fixtures upright and focused all night!

I'd suggest making a bigger base for the fixtures. A 13.5" square of painted plywood with the fixture centered along one side would put the light 12" from the wall with a large enough base that tipping over would be difficult.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back