Guns on stage

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZDanger

Have you guys found that the best way to recreate gunshots onstage is a starter pistol? The play has multiple point-and-shoot scenes. Is there any danger of pointing starter pistols and shooting at eachother onstage? Any other suggestions. Any gunshot sound effects that I have found have just been lame.

Have you guys found that the best way to recreate gunshots onstage is a starter pistol?

Nope.

The play has multiple point-and-shoot scenes. Is there any danger of pointing starter pistols and shooting at eachother onstage?

Yes, lots. Worst case scenario (and not all that uncommon): Death.

Any other suggestions.
Any gunshot sound effects that I have found have just been lame.

Sorry this is gonna be lame, but the best and safest way to do what you're wanting to do is to use sound effects. Maybe you can get a stage combat professional in there to help you find a better, more realistic effect, but it'll cost you.

Your name says it all! This is going to be a very interesting thread. Do a search for gunshots on stage. I think there is even a recent event posted on our front page of a very similar concept going awry.

Starter pistols can kill. I can point to at least 3 injuries occuring onstage in the last 2 years with prop guns that malfunctioned. If you are to have live fire arms onstage (yes, a starter pistol is a firearm), there are a host of things you must do that are beyond the scope of this forum. If you want to have this effect, give a stage combat person a call. Not all fight directors will deal with guns, the risk is to high for many. There are safe ways to do this, however you must be taught in person. More importantly, the onstage talent has to be taught how to handle the weapons. Either hire a professional or use the sound effect. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back