Halp!!!

punktech

i need to know where in Western Mass. i can find a three phase generator. STAT!

United Rentals
800-ur-rents

R&S Rental and Equip Co.
866-650-5297

or, if you have a larger budget, call 4wall NY and they can deliver (for a charge)
(201) 329-9878

Last edited:
thanks! keep am comming though, i'm on the phone getting quotes and info.

okay. quick question: will i kill anyone or anything if i try to run a 6kw dimmer pack on a 3.6 kw generator...i'm gettin' desperate here

avkid: the response i got form a trust worthy friend of mine is that you can run it as long as you don't exceed 3.6kw

Remember, sudden lamp inrush can cause the the generator to slow down causing it to go below 60hz. The result of dropping frequency actually causes the dimmers to to pass more power as they contain ramp modules that are tuned to 60hz. The effect can be pretty weird.

The risk is accidently going above 3.24KW, you should leave a buffer of 10%. If your powering moving lights you have to take into account the extra jolt of power needed for strikeing the lamp.

JH

I just came into the thread to post this:
proxy.php

you know...life would be better if genny's were cheaper................................

yup, but isn't that true about everything? I would love it if I could buy a WholeHog 3 for a few thousand, but I don't think that it will work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back