The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Hand treatment to prevent staining?

Discussion in 'Scenery, Props, and Rigging' started by derekleffew, Jun 1, 2009.

1. derekleffew

derekleffew Resident Curmudgeon Senior Team Premium Member

There's a product, I want to say Carrotene (but that's not it) or something similar sounding, that one applies to one's hands before working with aniline dyes to prevent discoloring of one's hands.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I haven't heard of this term since 1982 and wonder if it's still used (or ever was; it's possible I could have dreamed it. "I reject your reality and substitute my own.":grin:)

2. Van

Van CBMod CB Mods Premium Member

Project Manager, Stagecraft Industries, Inc.
    I've heard of Painter's Liquid Glove, which is a brand name I think. I always put on a liberal coating of Burt's Bee's Hand Balm before painting or working on my car, it makes the paint or oil come off much more easily.
    I can't say I've ever hear of anything specifically for Analine dyes though.

3. gafftaper

gafftaper Senior Team Senior Team Fight Leukemia

Theater Manager & T.D.
    I use these amazing things called rubber gloves. They are made from rubber and they fit on you hand like a glove. There's this great little hardware store near me called Home Depot that sells them.

Sorry Derek ;)

4. Cashwalker

Cashwalker Member

Google brought this up as a possibility

YardGlove Barrier Lotion

It claims to prevent staining and chemical penetration. Though nothing specific about dyes.