The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Hanging A Projector from Batten

Discussion in 'Scenery, Props, and Rigging' started by Harrison, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Harrison

Harrison Member

Hi everyone,

First of all, there's a similar thread here that I've already referenced, but lightingandsoundSHS had a different model projector than I do, and many of the products referenced in that thread are no longer available.

I'm looking to hang a Panasonic PT-LB80NTE projector on one of the battens above a cafetorium stage for a small school show to be used for projections. I was thinking the easiest way would be some sort of mount for the projector that I could attach to the C-Clamp (with a safety of course), but I was having trouble finding products that would work together.

Of course I would also need to run power and VGA, but I'm not concerned about either.

Does anyone have any product references I could use or know what sort of equipment I would need? Obviously safety is my first concern. I really don't want to watch this thing fall.

Thanks

2. petercav17

petercav17 Active Member Fight Leukemia

College Student
    It seems like the only mounts that Panasonic makes for this projector are expensive and don't allow a pipe or clamp connection.

I'd suggest getting a universal projector mount (or something similar) that accepts a 1.5" SCH 40 pipe, and use a short length of pipe attached to the batten with a cheeseborough and then safetied. If you want to safety the projector itself, rather than just the mounting harware, get a Kensington lock too.

3. BillESC

BillESC Well-Known Member Premium Member

I make a projector mount that will suit your needs. It is our PPM2.2 and will fit any projector weighing 20 pounds or less and any projector up to 35 pounds with a bolt pattern of 18.5" or less.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

petercav17 likes this.
  4. rsmentele

rsmentele Well-Known Member Premium Member Fight Leukemia

There are lots of options out there. Here is one that I have confirmed will work with your projector and Full Compass has it in stock.

http://www.fullcompass.com/prod/113024-Premier-Mounts-MAG-PRO

Pair that with a S40 pipe of appropriate length and these adapters to clamp to a batten:

http://www.fullcompass.com/prod/256433-The-Light-Source-MP15B5B
    http://www.fullcompass.com/prod/251468-The-Light-Source-MLB

The clamp and adapter are expensive, but they are both rated, so I prefer the safety factor over cost.

5. kevinatblinn

kevinatblinn Member

Is it wrong that I've made my own strut and two o-clamps? I struggled with universal clamps to get them just right, but had no problems angling my own.