Hanging a rental drop that will be to long - brand new, cant alter - no flies for tripping - its been years

rosco4069

Hello,

I have to fold up/roll up 3 feet of a 20' long drop. Can't trip nor alter - I guess I have been lucky as many older rentals already had altered pockets to tie from the bottom pipe at points along the pocket. Could always trip with spare flies...not so lucky this time.

This one will be brand new, can't alter. Clamps???

Any advice or pictures.....I should know this, but this show is draining my brain of tricks.....

Thanks in advance.......

Hello,

I have to fold up/roll up 3 feet of a 20' long drop. Can't trip nor alter - I guess I have been lucky as many older rentals already had altered pockets to tie from the bottom pipe at points along the pocket. Could always trip with spare flies...not so lucky this time.

This one will be brand new, can't alter. Clamps???

Any advice or pictures.....I should know this, but this show is draining my brain of tricks.....

Thanks in advance.......
@rosco4069 20' long by how wide?
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

45' - I should be good there, right to the end of the pipe

THANKS!
@rosco4069 Possibly consider four and a half lengths of 4" or 6" I.D. PVC or ABS conduit or drainage / vent pipe with the couplings glued in place; tape the bottom of the drop neatly parallel to the pipe with low residue painter's masking tape.
Spread a clean drop cloth underneath and neatly roll up with the aid of at least six co-workers spread across the width to minimize flexing due to sag while handling. When rolled, rest it on the clean drop cloth and cover the roll with the excess drop cloth. Reverse the procedure for your strike.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

You can "trip" the drop by hanging tie lines from the same batten the drop is on that run down behind it. Use tarp clips or something to grab the bottom of the drop and hold it up so the fold is just off the floor. Place a bottom pipe in the U of the fold for weight and a clean line.

Or, even quicker and dirtier than Ron's idea: fold the excess back along the floor and use a board at the fold to make a clean fold. Some weights on the board help.

You can "trip" the drop by hanging tie lines from the same batten the drop is on that run down behind it. Use tarp clips or something to grab the bottom of the drop and hold it up so the fold is just off the floor. Place a bottom pipe in the U of the fold for weight and a clean line.
I have used this method and it works great. Tie line every 2' on top and 1/2" pipe along bottom. Taughtline hitch on bottom is easy to adjust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back