Hanging equipment when roofing is flushed with frame

aadesigns206

Good morning all,

First time posting here. Hope to learn from others here.

I've been asked to work on installing AV equipment for a new outdoor stage being built in my neighborhood. Very exciting project to take on.

As I was looking through the drawings of the stage to get dimensions, I had noticed that the roofing was actually flushed with the framing (where I was told was the only place I could hang equipment from). I am a bit confused since I'm not really sure how to go about hanging lighting and sound equipment using C-Clamps like I assumed I would be using. I've reached out to some local riggers for advice but I haven't heard back yet

Has anyone else ran into a similar problem? If so, how do you solve this? I'm thinking we just need to install our own truss but I'd still want it to have some support on top somehow. Unless I look into one with the stands and everything?

Excited to hear people's thoughts on this!

I have a couple suggestion but they will go nowhere without the cooperation of whomever is paying for this new construction. That entity needs to pose the question to the architect or engineer (not the contractor) and get detailed prints on where and how loads may be attached to structure.

As for alternatives... yes, there's always ground support with lifts or other contrivances.

We need more data to fully understand what’s going on. What is the structure. Wood beams, wood trusses, steel? What’s the spacing. Etc etc etc.

I’d be happy to talk with you directly to assist.

Ethan

We need more data to fully understand what’s going on. What is the structure. Wood beams, wood trusses, steel? What’s the spacing. Etc etc etc.

I’d be happy to talk with you directly to assist.

Ethan
+1 to what Ethan said, and you should definitely talk to him directly.
Can you share any of the drawings you have? I'm guessing we're looking at an open web steel joist predicament, but that's a guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back