Hanging points on in this spotlight tower

Dagger

We needed to hang 4 points (2 tons) on each corner around the round beam of the structure.
It was the road crew whi told us to setup yhis way .
Used 3 ft gac so we needed to be set the pulley as high as possible.

This is what we did.

RED = points/ chain
BLUE= sling choked around square beam hanging over the round beam
GREEN= ROPE

20170819_122815.png

My question is .

1.- can it be done without a pulley , just rope drop over the round beam and have ground guys pulling . Its only a 3 ft gac .
I think it should make it without using the pulley?

20170819_124214.png

2- would it work to have to rope going over the square beam and back down on the rou d beam without using pulley ( the rope is setup higher)

(The square beam will damage rope) . -But friction - wise . Is it easy to pull up the chain
20170819_125427.png

3- ur opinions mist efficient setup on taking it down load/out

Last edited:
Once you put much weight on the line you'll find out that the friction between the rope and the round cord is much higher than you'd expect. We used to use the extra friction to help the ground guys one the way in when swapping DL3's (140 lbs). If the guy in the air forgot to reroute the rope so it's just through the pulley you could hang from the rope without budging the fixture.

Most importantly as previously mentioned. Listen to the guy who's responsible for the gear. He's probably seen it done the hard way before. I used to tell my locals "There's two ways you can do this: my way, or my way and mad about it."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back