Administrator
Senior Team
CB Mods
Fight Leukemia
To all the Fathers on CB,

Happy Fathers Day

Here are some quotes that I love and laugh at about fatherhood
  • Author Miller
    He wants to live on through something-and in his case, his masterpiece is his son. all of us want that, and it gets more poignant as we get more anonymous in this world.
  • Anonymous, often erroneously attributed to Mark Twain
    When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years!
    Spread the diaper in the position of the diamond with you at bat. Then, fold second base down to home and set the baby on the pitcher's mound. Put
  • Jimmy Piersall, on how to diaper a baby
    Spread the diaper in the position of the diamond with you at bat. Then, fold second base down to home and set the baby on the pitcher's mound. Put first base and third together, bring up home plate and pin the three together. Of course, in case of rain, you gotta call the game and start all over again.
  • Charles Wadworth
    By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he's wrong.
  • William Shakespeare
    It is a wise father that knows his own child.
  • Tom Wolfe, The Bonfire of the Vanities
    Sherman made the terrible discovery that men make about their fathers sooner or later...
    that the man before him was not an aging father but a boy, a boy much like himself, a boy who grew up and had a child of his own and, as best he could, out of a sense of duty and, perhaps love, adopted a role called 'Being a Father' so that his child would have something mythical and infinitely important: a Protector, who would keep a lid on all the chaotic and catastrophic possibilities of life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back