Has anybody tried referee headsets for communication?

Most soccer fields don't have walls containing reinforcing rods, metal ducts, studs, or steel mesh.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard
I’m pretty sure it’s vhf or uhf not Bluetooth unless you are talking peewee soccer

The instructions do say Bluetooth, but I suspect that the range will be less than you think / hoped especially indoors.

Looks like the bluetooth 5 spec allows for a long range version of 100 meters Might be worth a toss of the coin
Otherwise regular Bluetooth for me onstage was about 30 feet from base in our mumble setup, which is why I went dect headsets, which I believe share thesame spectrum as bluetooth they do pretty close to the hundred meters when I go outside with them

Thanks, gang. I've had good results using long range bluetooth in our house to send SFX to a receiver hidden in an on-stage radio prop, so maybe... Ron's concern about metal may be valid, but we also know the signal can survive in a soccer stadium with 20-30000 cell phones. We'll see if the board is willing to do a $200 experiment and I'll report back.

Looks like the bluetooth 5 spec allows for a long range version of 100 meters Might be worth a toss of the coin
Otherwise regular Bluetooth for me onstage was about 30 feet from base in our mumble setup, which is why I went dect headsets, which I believe share thesame spectrum as bluetooth they do pretty close to the hundred meters when I go outside with them
DECT is allowed at 2.4 and 1.9GHz, and you want the latter, which is where FreeSpeak 2 puts it, as it isn't competing with as much.

I'm using the Logitech H820e headsets. Just confirmed that they are living on the 1.9. They are wonderful little beasts though.
and FWIW the combination of richest sound and comfort if you can live with regular bluetooth in an application is their H800. I have a couple of those for the booth to talk to my spot lighters if I want to get really fancy instead of waving hands.

Thanks, gang. I've had good results using long range bluetooth in our house to send SFX to a receiver hidden in an on-stage radio prop, so maybe... Ron's concern about metal may be valid, but we also know the signal can survive in a soccer stadium with 20-30000 cell phones. We'll see if the board is willing to do a $200 experiment and I'll report back.
Don’t forget it is Amazon. It can be returned if it doesn’t work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back